Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexual Orientation
Sexual Orientation
Can sexual orientation be changed? Do certain sexual behaviors classified as psychiatritric disorders, such as pedophilia, fall under sexual orientation? Why or why not?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Sexual Orientation
(July 29, 2014 at 6:14 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Can sexual orientation be changed?

Yes, but you really do not want to know how it has to happen.

Quote:Do certain sexual behaviors classified as psychiatritric disorders, such as pedophilia, fall under sexual orientation? Why or why not?

Technically, yes... though I wouldn't go so far as to declare pedophilia a disorder, and it is just as much a sexual orientation as pedophilia, necrophilia, and chocolate chasing. Just more common, probably.

Because one is sexually attracted to it?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I was listening to NPR and caught tail the end of a conversation stating that there is no evidence that sexual orientation can be changed... And then I thought about all of the sexual orientations (if those such as pedophilia are considered that) that we ought and do seek to change... began wondering about that. Thanks for the reply, Alice.

P.S. I do want to know how it has to happen! Please tell!
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Don't be so uppity that we forget that we are just a bag of meat, a biological robot of sorts. Eventually we will discover the bio-chemical basis for sexual orientation and we'll be able to turn it on and off with a pill.

It simply doesn't demand enough research dollars to study as of yet.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Why ought we change pedophilia? Is there something wrong with it?

... Very well.

1: Find the area in the brain responsible for their desire, and cut it out of them/modify it otherwise. (at cost of the person)
2: Rape them with the sex of their desire time and time and time again until they can't even look at the same sex without feeling intense PTSD (no guarantee of change, either).
3: Intensely indoctrinate them from a very young age of what they must do... and it helps if you include "normal" sex as a tool within such. (change possible, very likely to successfully curb their desires for the "wrong" sex. Almost guaranteed within a cult)
4: Overwhelm their brain with information until they go insane (risky, unlikely to have any specifically desired effect within such. Combine with indoctrination).
5: Kill them/make them comatose/braindead. No brain activity, no orientation.

Some have only a chance of success (2-4), and won't budge a deepseated biological desire for the same sex (3 can shit on one developed during raising).

1 is certain, and 5 is dead certain. The question there is... are you willing to kill a person because you prefer another person in their form... or are you willing to kill them, form and all, to change their orientation from blasphemous to... not nearly so unacceptable.

(July 29, 2014 at 6:49 am)Brakeman Wrote: Don't be so uppity that we forget that we are just a bag of meat, a biological robot of sorts. Eventually we will discover the bio-chemical basis for sexual orientation and we'll be able to turn it on and off with a pill.

Add that one. Put it under the 'very likely success' column.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
@Alice
-Why ought we change pedophilia? Is there something wrong with it?
Not really. Pedophilia tends to be immediately applied to rape for some reason.
Alice, what's wrong with it? That's just a joke, right?

Brakeman, I don't want to misrepresent what you're saying but "just a bag of meat" sounds a bit debasing and I fear that mentality could easily have devastating consequences if not qualified to instill the value that our beings possess in virtue of their value-making organ, the human brain.
@Pickup_shonuff
-Alice, what's wrong with it? That's just a joke, right?
So, what is wrong with it? You can say "wrong" to anything that is a minority, considered taboo in the community you live in or socially unusual.
Perhaps it would be easier Baqal if you say what you think is right about it. :-)
(July 29, 2014 at 7:03 am)Baqal Wrote: @Alice
-Why ought we change pedophilia? Is there something wrong with it?
Not really. Pedophilia tends to be immediately applied to rape for some reason.

There's plenty wrong with Pedophilia. Escpecially when dirty old men force themselves on young children for sexual gratification. That's why pedophiles are sent to prison.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Americans supporting sexual misconduct survivors even less than before? Rev. Rye 6 951 October 28, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Toxic masculinity and sexual assault RobbyPants 71 5822 September 30, 2018 at 9:38 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Do you feel different about Bill Clinton's sexual past? CapnAwesome 89 12015 November 23, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  The Sexual Fetish of Gay Marriage Opponents thesummerqueen 1 997 March 22, 2013 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Sexual abuse 'in the DNA of Roman Church' Ziploc Surprise 10 4661 March 11, 2013 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Women in the Military More Likely to Be Traumatized by Sexual Assault Than Combat Shell B 57 17435 November 30, 2012 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  Bill Would Make Some Airport Screening Sexual Assault TheDarkestOfAngels 2 1588 March 1, 2011 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: binny