Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte
The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte
Has anyone else read this? And did you find it as dry, boring, and utterly confusing as I am?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte
I could barely read that title.. Tongue
I was edging over your . .

thread . . .

title and . . ..

{snore}
Haha, seriously, that's how I feel about it. 13 pages to go... And then my productive life can continue. (Once I buy a book--this was included with The Communist Manifesto--I'm very OCD about reading all of it).
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(July 29, 2014 at 3:58 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Haha, seriously, that's how I feel about it. 13 pages to go... And then my productive life can continue. (Once I buy a book--this was included with The Communist Manifesto--I'm very OCD about reading all of it).

Its simple, you burn the book.

[Image: wings-goes-full-tarzan-o.gif]
(July 29, 2014 at 4:05 pm)Insanity Wrote:
(July 29, 2014 at 3:58 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Haha, seriously, that's how I feel about it. 13 pages to go... And then my productive life can continue. (Once I buy a book--this was included with The Communist Manifesto--I'm very OCD about reading all of it).

Its simple, you burn the book.

[Image: wings-goes-full-tarzan-o.gif]

NEVER will I burn any of my precious books! No matter how much I think they suck (this book isn't badly written...I just don't have the necessary context to understand more than a few words of it).
When I was in my mid 20s I threw out a huge pile of paper back books on UFOs. Figured out on my own it was all BS.

Dumped some paranormal titles too. Constantin Raudive's Electronic Communication With the Dead was a classic.

Wish I had kept Luscher Color Test, that one might have a particle of feasible in it.
(July 29, 2014 at 4:12 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: NEVER will I burn any of my precious books! No matter how much I think they suck (this book isn't badly written...I just don't have the necessary context to understand more than a few words of it).

What if a giant tidal wave traps you inside with the books and then freezes over in some bizarre climate event and you would die without burning them?

Wait.. that sounds familiar..
(July 29, 2014 at 4:23 pm)Insanity Wrote:
(July 29, 2014 at 4:12 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: NEVER will I burn any of my precious books! No matter how much I think they suck (this book isn't badly written...I just don't have the necessary context to understand more than a few words of it).

What if a giant tidal wave traps you inside with the books and then freezes over in some bizarre climate event and you would die without burning them?

Wait.. that sounds familiar..

Yes burn Jake Gyllenhaal.
Jake Gyllenhaal succeeded in reminding me of me in Brokeback Mountain. I figured I would identify with the Ennis Del Mar character before I saw the movie.

When it was over, I was very rattled by that. It was one of the biggest jolts I have ever had in a movie.

I won't say who in my life Ennis was . . .

So, have we exhausted Louis Bonaparte yet ??