Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 6:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wise Sayings of Atheists
The Wise Sayings of Atheists
Coming soon in paperback (j/k). Choose ONE or TWO of your wise sayings-- they MUST BE ORIGINAL! NO CHEATING! Christians, UFO abductees, conjured up ghosts, and the like welcome too.

"You are someone you cannot fully perceive without destroying that someone."
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: The Wise Sayings of Atheists
"The truth doesn't issue promissory notes, either you can demonstrate it or you can't."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
As my Dad always used to say to me, "Get the hell out of the way!"
As I like to say... "Snap out of it!"
To my unreliable scribe: "Mark of the beast?!? I said 'breast' you dolt. Breast!"
A fact is a fact no matter how many people disagree.

Creationists, I am willing to lay good money on you thinking evolution is something it isn't.

God, the answer to any hard question, requiring no proof or effort of any kind.

"In the beginning was the word and the word was god" as no one else was there why does god speak of himself in the third person. Downbeatplumb thinks this is weird.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 30, 2014 at 2:38 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: "In the beginning was the word and the word was god"
YOU'LL WANT TO CLICK THE IMAGE!
[Image: aq7ye.jpg]
"Isn't it funny that God, the Universal perfect being, in his uniqueness and perfection, is never the same to even two people from the same religious denomination?"
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
'Innit just amazing how much the ineffable looks like the non-existent?'

and

'No matter how deeply, sincerely, devoutly, and passionately you believe in your God, that belief is not the equivalent of truth until and unless you can present either evidence or compelling arguments.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"You want me to believe in your god? Okay, bring him around in person and introduce him."
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Religious Curses and Sayings - Do you use them? Eilonnwy 12 14408 October 10, 2008 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Meatball