Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo....
Yo....
Had a hard drive crash on my desktop so I might be a little absent for a day or so until I can get everything restored.

Keep shoving things up jesus' ass.
RE: Yo....
(July 30, 2014 at 2:32 am)Minimalist Wrote: Had a hard drive crash on my desktop so I might be a little absent for a day or so until I can get everything restored.

Ready, willing, and able; however, the way the long haired hippy Jew keeps squirming, I think he's renegin on the 'cum unto me bit'.
Min, you didn't listen!
Jebus specifically says in the bible:

"A wise man uses ssd dives only or else your information will be sent to oblivion!'

You shoudda listened to him, you should a listened!

I think it was the compurt hardware bible 2012, and the author's name was Jebus!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 30, 2014 at 2:32 am)Minimalist Wrote: Had a hard drive crash on my desktop so I might be a little absent for a day or so until I can get everything restored.

First rule of computers. Backups
Second rule of computers. Backups
Third rule of computers. Backups
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(July 30, 2014 at 2:32 am)Minimalist Wrote: Keep shoving things up jesus' ass.

...but leave room for that hard drive, amirite?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(July 30, 2014 at 5:57 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:

First rule of computers. Backups

True.... But if the fucking thing won't start the backups dont help much.
(July 30, 2014 at 1:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 30, 2014 at 5:57 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: First rule of computers. Backups

True.... But if the fucking thing won't start the backups dont help much.

Sure they will, you just put the files back on your new hard drive. If you are making your backups on your OS drive, well that's just not smart.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Finally! At last we can talk about Min while he's away. I'll go first... Ready?

"gunnutspoliticsrepublicuntslibtardsfuckingcops!"

NEXT!
(July 30, 2014 at 1:20 pm)Jaysyn Wrote:
(July 30, 2014 at 1:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: True.... But if the fucking thing won't start the backups dont help much.

Sure they will, you just put the files back on your new hard drive. If you are making your backups on your OS drive, well that's just not smart.

It may come to that.
Min, ask me how many times I've had to reload due to no backups!
The easy way now for me is to keep the whole OS as one file in a vhd.
Win7 let's you boot the vhd directly. That way backup is as simple as copying one file. Only catch is you need to have a dual boot.

Lookup boot to vhd if interested geeks only!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.