Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quicktime for Mac
Quicktime for Mac
I have a Mac OS X 10.8.5, and am attempting to install QuickTime, which I previously had, but I seem to have corrupted/deleted it. It was off of here:
http://support.apple.com/downloads/#quicktime

But now I just seem to have a .pkg file, and am unsure of how to proceed.

Any questions/comments, etc?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Quicktime for Mac
** Install Windows! ** Tongue
UPDATE: OK, so it does seem like I completed my latest video OK, but it is huge! I need to figure out how to trim it.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(August 1, 2014 at 5:35 pm)pocaracas Wrote: ** Install Windows! ** Tongue
Windows is a step down. If he wants an improvement, Linux is the way to go. :-)
I'm on Ubuntu now! Linux, ftw!!!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I use a mixture of OS X, Linux Mint, and Ubuntu.
(August 10, 2014 at 2:46 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm on Ubuntu now! Linux, ftw!!!

Ubuntu sounds like a good idea, but could I keep Itunes, PC games, programs, VLC media player, etc? I can't live without those
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

You can run most pc games in a wine environment. Not great, but you can dual boot Windows if you want to game still. ITunes is a no go, but doubletwist or rhythmbox are fantastic subs. There are open source versions for nearly everything else. VLC is absolutely available on Linux.
Go PC. That's your best solution. Have an iPhone too? Go android. Soon you will have issues with your cellular device too. Tongue haha
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
(August 10, 2014 at 1:57 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(August 1, 2014 at 5:35 pm)pocaracas Wrote: ** Install Windows! ** Tongue
Windows is a step down. If he wants an improvement, Linux is the way to go. :-)

Woow... double ** and a smiley face couldn't make the irony show?

If he wants real improvement and to have control over everything in his computing environment, Linux from scratch is the way to go! Wink
That gives you the most finely tuned OS for the machine at hand and the user's real needs... provided the user knows what his needs are. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows vs Mac OS X vs Linux vs others. Tiberius 15 4822 April 6, 2012 at 5:07 am
Last Post: BoyWonder