Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Sinless ??
Jesus Sinless ??
Jesus sinless? Like it's a big deal, and He had to work at it ?

Or is it more like, by definition, ANYTHING He does isn't sinful because He is the one doing it, no matter what it is ?

I'm thinking of His withering the fig tree. Beyond the mystery of why He just didn't heal the darn thing, instantaneously, is quite a poser. But if the fig was privately owned and he zorched it, we have a strong case of Jesus as a willful destroyer of property. The owner of the tree might have filed suit for damages, and prevailed, just by the testimony recorded Inerrantly in Scripture.

So, we have a 'God', who by definition, cannot be sinful, no matter what He does, and just in the story of the barren fig tree, curiously we have that same 'God' committing a crime, and not just any crime, a crime He could have avoided by an effortless instance of His healing grace, which He mysteriously, failed to exercise this occasion.

And then there is His admonishing His followers to drink poison and handle dangerous serpents . . . .
RE: Jesus Sinless ??
(August 3, 2014 at 12:12 am)vorlon13 Wrote: And then there is His admonishing His followers to drink poison and handle dangerous serpents . . . .
You capitalized "him" twice here Thinking

In fact... Thinking
According to their own book, it wasn't sinless. In fact, couldn't be. Bastards are born into sin and there is now way you can define it's parentage as anything else.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I'm going to quote myself from another thread:

Jesus may have obeyed all the negative requirements, i.e. the do-nots, but he sure failed at "be fruitful and multiply." Come to think of it he may not have managed honor thy father and mother all that well. If lying by omission or equivocation is a sin, he failed there too as he just plain tells the disciples that I speak in parables so that the masses won't get it, but here let me tell you the real truth. And if thought crimes count then the pleading at Gethsemane was probably a sin too. Certainly he was arrogant from time to time.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Man lies with man; abomination deserving of death.

Man lies with twelve men; express lane to heaven.
(August 3, 2014 at 12:25 am)Jenny A Wrote: I'm going to quote myself from another thread:

Jesus may have obeyed all the negative requirements, i.e. the do-nots, but he sure failed at "be fruitful and multiply." Come to think of it he may not have managed honor thy father and mother all that well. If lying by omission or equivocation is a sin, he failed there too as he just plain tells the disciples that I speak in parables so that the masses won't get it, but here let me tell you the real truth. And if thought crimes count then the pleading at Gethsemane was probably a sin too. Certainly he was arrogant from time to time.

Interesting. Also, when asked which Commandments to follow, He failed to say 'All of them', and pared the list down. Can He do that?

To this day, His followers are big on public displays of the Commandments, frequently on public property, and they ALWAYS insist on ALL 10, although with curious to me (but no one else apparently) variations on how they are to be parsed. So to answer my question, according to His followers, No. He cannot do that.

And in the attempt, I'm smelling sin.

Or else His followers are all fucked up again and running another apostasy through ignorance special.

Worship (large)

Don't mean to derail my own thread here, but the Christians that come here to preach to the condemned might need to be vetted in regards to several of these apostasies that have arisen.

If we are going to have Believers here, they might as well be the real deal and not heretics or apostates.

I'm pretty sure heretics and apostates don't proffer Salvation to anybody.
(August 3, 2014 at 12:54 am)vorlon13 Wrote:

Interesting. Also, when asked which Commandments to follow, He failed to say 'All of them', and pared the list down. Can He do that?

To this day, His followers are big on public displays of the Commandments, frequently on public property, and they ALWAYS insist on ALL 10, although with curious to me (but no one else apparently) variations on how they are to be parsed. So to answer my question, according to His followers, No. He cannot do that.

And in the attempt, I'm smelling sin.

Or else His followers are all fucked up again and running another apostasy through ignorance special.

Worship (large)

Don't mean to derail my own thread here, but the Christians that come here to preach to the condemned might need to be vetted in regards to several of these apostasies that have arisen.

If we are going to have Believers here, they might as well be the real deal and not heretics or apostates.

I'm pretty sure heretics and apostates don't proffer Salvation to anybody.

Excellent points. My contention is that the English wrote the Bible and put in all of those discrepancies to show that it was all a fake. But Joseph Smith and L. Ron Hubbard wrote outrageous BS as well and dummies believe them. The Bible is loaded with nonsense and people ignore it.
A friend of mine proposed this rather jokingly the other day but he had a point...

"Jesus said whoever is without sin cast the first stone... no one cast a stone, including Jesus... that must mean he wasn't sinless."
The gods offer no rewards for intellect. There was never one yet that showed any interest in it.
-- Mark Twain, Notebook
(August 3, 2014 at 3:10 am)Amalynne0 Wrote: A friend of mine proposed this rather jokingly the other day but he had a point...

"Jesus said whoever is without sin cast the first stone... no one cast a stone, including Jesus... that must mean he wasn't sinless."

Jesus couldn't cast any stones because he was running around telling people that they should worship him, a big violation of the First Commandment.
Jesus was free of original sin, since sin is passed on through the semen and Mary was a virgin. So by this line of theological thinking Jesus was indeed free of sin, since he had no human parent (remember folks, women aren't really people).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?" Was Jesus Really Sinless? Rhondazvous 46 6939 May 14, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7224 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7380 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist