Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new name for a brige in my town
new name for a brige in my town
Quote:the Governor finalized an order to rename the Father Curran Bridge in Augusta today. The new name of the bridge is the Calumet Bridge at Old Fort Western.
Curran was a priest at St. Augustine Church in Augusta between 1962 to 1972. After his death in 1976, he was accused of sexually abusing children.
Rep. Patsy Crockett (D-Augusta) was the initial sponsor of the name switch. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland has also supported renaming the bridge.
“Rep. Crockett worked hard with members of the community and this is taking a positive step toward healing for many......

what a shocker! another sheperd of mr. jebus outted to be a pedophile...
RE: new name for a brige in my town
Quote:The Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland has also supported renaming the bridge.

I'll bet they did. Anything to aid the cover-up.
(August 3, 2014 at 2:16 pm)atheist04330 Wrote:
Quote:the Governor finalized an order to rename the Father Curran Bridge in Augusta today. The new name of the bridge is the Calumet Bridge at Old Fort Western.
Curran was a priest at St. Augustine Church in Augusta between 1962 to 1972. After his death in 1976, he was accused of sexually abusing children.
Rep. Patsy Crockett (D-Augusta) was the initial sponsor of the name switch. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland has also supported renaming the bridge.
“Rep. Crockett worked hard with members of the community and this is taking a positive step toward healing for many......

what a shocker! another sheperd of mr. jebus outted to be a pedophile...

The shocking thing is that he was outed almost 40 years ago and they're just now renaming the bridge.

I wonder, how many parents in the 70s do you think were curious why they're kids were crying every time they drove over the bridge?
there was a placket about him too near one side...

[Image: 8tX6JyG.jpg]
I agree the pedo-priest should not be honored. But also, he should not be forgotten either. Maybe an informational kiosk in a nearby park with the details of the renaming and contact information for children's abuse organizations.
(August 3, 2014 at 4:39 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I agree the pedo-priest should not be honored. But also, he should not be forgotten either. Maybe an informational kiosk in a nearby park with the details of the renaming and contact information for children's abuse organizations.

over 400 people have killed themselves off that bridge

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many churches in your town? Norman Humann 50 7366 January 29, 2015 at 8:54 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  A bizarre anagram of St Peter's name Newtonscat 4 1746 January 17, 2015 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Challenge: Name Even 10 Beliefs in the Christian Delusion which are NOT Ridiculous Whateverist 33 5313 December 21, 2014 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  church forced town to move public transport atheist04330 10 2213 August 1, 2014 at 1:47 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Cast out the devil in the name of Jaysus!!!!!!! Clueless Morgan 14 3771 May 22, 2014 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Sinbad
  Man Requests Satanic Prayer Before Town Council Meeting Mr Brightside 72 16890 May 16, 2014 at 8:28 am
Last Post: John V
  Apologetics blog domain name John V 54 19041 August 13, 2013 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Bigotry in the name of Jesus. Zen Badger 13 4165 September 10, 2012 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Ace Otana
  Damaging the environment in the name of Jesus OnlyNatural 10 2530 January 10, 2011 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: OnlyNatural