Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy/paste image of "Something every Christian should hear"
Copy/paste image of "Something every Christian should hear"
[Image: oQMNKU6.jpg]
RE: .
Sounds like an escape route to make Christianity more attractive to young people.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Completely ignoring large tracts of the Bible? Cherry picking the parts he likes to guilt people into making a point (even if I agree with him)? Using single line platitudes without including everything else Jesus said? He sure is a True Christian™!
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(August 5, 2014 at 8:28 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Completely ignoring large tracts of the Bible? Cherry picking the parts he likes to guilt people into making a point (even if I agree with him)? Using singlel line platitudes without including everything else Jesus said? He's sure is a True Christian™!

That's what I meant to say, but I was just too lazy to explain it (I'm tired of doing so). Thanks
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I had a hard time clicking on the thread's link Big Grin
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Actually the OT law allowed divorce. It was Jesus who equated divorce (actually remarriage) with adultery, which was a stoning offense. If I didn't think the whole thing was made up, I'd say the pastor doesn't know what he's talking about.
(August 5, 2014 at 8:23 am)Blackout Wrote: Sounds like an escape route to make Christianity more attractive to young people.

There are a lot of those. I've seen several different attempts to reconcile it. My brother is both gay and Christian.
(August 5, 2014 at 9:38 am)alpha male Wrote: Actually the OT law allowed divorce. It was Jesus who equated divorce (actually remarriage) with adultery, which was a stoning offense. If I didn't think the whole thing was made up, I'd say the pastor doesn't know what he's talking about.

So then which do you follow, the OT laws for drawing up divorce contracts, or Jesus condemning it?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
RE: Copy/paste image of "Something every Christian should hear"
(August 5, 2014 at 9:26 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: I had a hard time clicking on the thread's link Big Grin

LOL, now I see that my post looks dumb , cuz you changed the title Big Grin
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: Copy/paste image of "Something every Christian should hear"
[Image: annie_lennox_collection_album_cover.jpg]

And not just Christians, either!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Image of Guadalupe Fake Messiah 15 1126 September 2, 2020 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88382 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Xhristards - Getting Stupider Every Day Minimalist 10 1185 July 25, 2018 at 5:42 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5663 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Vatican Children's Hospital showcasing something besides excellence in child care vorlon13 14 3435 July 19, 2017 at 1:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Papers that every Christian should read! Jehanne 3 977 December 8, 2016 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2454 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Suppose I Did something Bad Rhondazvous 45 7765 October 17, 2015 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Something to think about dyresand 9 2216 August 26, 2015 at 3:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Miley Cyrus says something fairly coherent. Spooky 11 3024 June 15, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Chad32