Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the name of the new Christian propaganda film is...
And the name of the new Christian propaganda film is...
..."Persecuted."

That's right. The new disingenuous Christian wank-fest in theaters is simply titled "Persecuted." Enjoy the trailer...

I stumbled upon this gem while I was looking at metacritic and saw a film that had received an 11. For those of you that don't know, metacritic is a sight that scours the internet for reviews, converts them to a score of 0 out of 100 and gives the movie an average score. I believe the worst reviewed movie ever got a 9, so you can imagine what kind of quality this movie is.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most about this is that the Christian Right actually believes that anything less than carte blanche to do as they please under the guise of religious freedom is persecution, and they're using tripe like this movie to fill kid's heads with the bullshit notion that treating Christianity like every other religion means it is under attack.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: And the name of the new Christian propaganda film is...
For some reason, I can't watch it?
Same here.
(August 5, 2014 at 1:27 pm)LastPoet Wrote: For some reason, I can't watch it?

For an entirely different reason, I won't watch it. :p
(August 5, 2014 at 1:27 pm)LastPoet Wrote: For some reason, I can't watch it?

Doesn't work for me either.

Probably for the best.
Youtube says an error occurred.

Probably when they posted such utter shit.
There was a good article yesterday regarding the idea of Christian persecution written by Alan Noble, a Christian.

Quote:The problem is that for most of U.S. history, Christians haven’t been persecuted—at least not in comparison to early believers or even what Christians in places like Iraq face today. So, the question for American Christians is what to make of the Bible’s warning that we will be persecuted. For many evangelicals, the lack of very public and dramatic persecution could be interpreted as a sign that they just aren’t faithful enough: If they were persecuted, they could be confident they are saved.

Although sound advice, I'm not quite sure Noble's message will get through:
Quote:Imagined offenses drummed up by sensationalists and fear-mongers should be exposed and denied. At times, even legitimate offenses should be overlooked, when they are petty.

The Evangelical Persecution Complex
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arch..._page=true

Worth the read if you have a few minutes.
When Christianity was secure in its ability to make people do what they were told, movies like this weren't necessary.

The fact that Christianity has never been able to simply sell its message exclusively on the strength of its own merit says a lot, both about of the value of the message and of the actual aim of the cult.
Here, try this one...

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Wow. Just wow. WTF is up with 2014 and shitty religious movies?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ostrich the Flightless Bird - African Wildlife Documentary Film with Narration WinterHold 24 1295 October 14, 2020 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Small Town USA Blasting Religious Propaganda with PA System Mechaghostman2 17 1102 June 15, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Shia LaBeouf film makes £7 in openeing weekend. downbeatplumb 10 2673 April 9, 2017 at 7:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump vs. His favorite film. Rev. Rye 6 894 February 7, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5027 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Counterproductive Pieces of Evangelist Propaganda Forust 1 618 February 2, 2016 at 4:21 am
Last Post: robvalue
  can't remember this movie name :( Marsellus Wallace 3 1306 April 7, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
Video Persecuted- Christian Propaganda Movie Bob Kelso 1 1223 March 23, 2014 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Name that Celebrity Cinjin 35 5096 April 10, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Propaganda cratehorus 1 915 August 28, 2012 at 4:08 am
Last Post: Phish