Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 8:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, late last night,
So, late last night,
on CNN I believe, some guy was rattling on about how we should arm the Kurds because they were at a disadvantage against ISIS due to the fact that the Iraqi army threw down all those nice weapons we gave them and ISIS picked them up.

Is it just me or does that sound completely fucked up? It sort of reminds me of the actions of Louis XVIII when Napoleon returned from Elba. As the story goes, Louis kept sending detachments to confront Napoleon which promptly shouted "Vive Le Empereur" and defected. Napoleon wrote to Louis and asked him to stop sending troops.... "I already have enough."
RE: So, late last night,
From what I have heard, the Kurds are the only people who are fighting ISIS with any degree of success. The Iraqi army is pretty pathetic.
RE: So, late last night,
Yep. A trillion dollars don't buy much anymore. Not a lot of bang for the buck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As Predictable As Day Following Night Minimalist 13 700 November 15, 2018 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  A Tribute To The Late Philip R. Davies Minimalist 2 440 June 8, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I picked up this months Nat Geo last night... GUBU 18 4012 January 6, 2018 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: GUBU