Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians, may I be wrong?
Christians, may I be wrong?
Thanks. Then you can too. Carry on.

This thread is intended to satirize another. Any resemblance to an actual thread is entirely intended. That is all.
RE: Christians, may I be wrong?
But as demonstrated on that thread you're talking about, some of the people 'of faith' debating there honestly believe they are 100% right and that nothing can prove them wrong.

If that's not abandoning reason for madness then I have no idea would be. Surely anyone who is even remotely aware of, or cares even one ounce about intellectual integrity would surely seek to avoid such foolishness?

Or am I missing something here? They could be right I guess, but then that only shows how different i am from them.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I rather suspect we're all wrong, somewhere.
(August 13, 2014 at 5:50 pm)Michael Wrote: I rather suspect we're all wrong, somewhere.

Unless we have perfectly correct knowledge that cannot be flawed in any way about every topic that could ever be known in the entire universe, I suspect you're probably right.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Yep we're all human alright. But I was thinking more about tolerance. Mutual respect. Don't try to insert what you take to be God's law into the law of the land, and I won't insist that you justify your belief in God to me using the standards of logic or science. How about we all attend to keeping our own houses in order? Don't try to 'save me' and that will save me the trouble of mocking your intentions.
I don't believe there is absolute "anything".
Nature and evolution is blind to all that stuff.
It has always been the natural law of the jungle.
Humans as an intelligent animal has devised clever ways to protect the many from the few who wish to harm.

So basically, our laws are our morals.
It's just that some laws are fairer than others.

When a certain female spider bites her husband's head off after making love, is that fair or "right"? Of course it is. Who are we to argue with 4 billion years of evolution.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
But Mrs. Spider doesn't respect Mr. Spider as anything more than passion's plaything !!!

(Ick, suddenly had visual of disturbing kinky spidey snuff sex)

Confused Fall
Yep, you guys are absolutely right.
All absolutes are merely illusions.
Nobody can ever "No" anything.

Try the above the next time you get stopped for some driving violation.
Be sure to post how it goes.
Looks like you caught one, whateverist.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
It's back!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9357 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2716 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7805 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10089 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3964 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31232 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51159 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Christians. Could you be wrong? Rob_W75 888 127010 September 24, 2014 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: C4RM5
  Atheists can I be wrong? Drich 9 2750 August 14, 2014 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  is this wrong critmass235 37 4951 July 14, 2014 at 8:59 pm