Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are the most important things
what are the most important things
What are the most important things in life (beside God of course).
RE: what are the most important things
Oxygen's pretty big for me.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
For me it's Muhammad (pbuh).
[Image: 1_4_123.gif]
(August 13, 2014 at 2:57 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Oxygen's pretty big for me.

What's oxygen
(August 13, 2014 at 2:58 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: For me it's Muhammad (pbuh).

Yes, I'd put everyone's favorite child fucking, murdering sadist warlord up on the top of my list.

Not.

May pig shit be upon him.
(August 13, 2014 at 3:06 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote:
(August 13, 2014 at 2:58 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: For me it's Muhammad (pbuh).

Yes, I'd put everyone's favorite child fucking, murdering sadist warlord up on the top of my list.

Not.

May pig shit be upon him.

The (peace be upon him) makes me cringe, even though I used to be a Muslim.
I remember being told when I was a little kid that writing صلعم (pbuh) is blasphemous and that we should write the whole thing (in Islamic Education that's too many, and the IE teachers enforced it more than the others (I like moaning)).
[Image: hE07D24D1]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(August 13, 2014 at 2:56 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: What are the most important things in life (beside God of course).
Important? As in, essential to life?

Well, to undergo metabolism, maintain homeostasis, grow, respond to stimuli, reproduce and, through evolution, adapt to our environment in successive generations.

No god is needed. You may want god in your life, but its not vital.

EDIT: F**k! I didn't realise you were being satirical! >________________<
Good women, good drink, good food. In that order.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 746 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  How important are you? Ahriman 50 4186 April 26, 2022 at 6:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  An important dressing question Foxaèr 18 503 September 6, 2021 at 5:52 am
Last Post: brewer
  The Most Important Post You'll Read Today BrianSoddingBoru4 4 676 March 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ever forgot something really important...? Brian37 25 2356 February 6, 2017 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Longhorn
Heart Important To All My Friends: Seriously taking an AF break. Edwardo Piet 49 3944 December 5, 2016 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Going bald? Here's important news. Gawdzilla Sama 9 1260 October 31, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Important Announcement! chimp3 3 749 September 22, 2016 at 1:49 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I have something important to say. dyresand 36 3689 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  The most important question of all... Clueless Morgan 16 2778 April 3, 2014 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Brian37