Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A reason why people remain religious
A reason why people remain religious
To start off, you might be thinking that people who no longer believe in a God and an afterlife and complain about it are the people to be regarded as weak, immature, etc. when it is actually the exact opposite. The reason many people are whiny is that they are too much of a human being (someone great) to possibly accept that there is no God and afterlife and no longer complain about it or to no longer believe that there is a God and afterlife. They add their own personification as a human being and as someone great to reality itself and this is why they either whine that there is no God or afterlife or still believe that there is a God and an afterlife. In short, people who whine that there is no God or afterlife or who actually believe there is a God and an afterlife are the better people who have a sense of higher purpose/self to possibly stoop so low as to either, again, accept that there is no God and afterlife and not complain, or to no longer believe that there is a God and an afterlife. This sense of higher life and higher self that these people have (that they are special and that this life is special and intended for them or that, at least, they complain that it isn't and that it should be that way anyway), this is what makes these people special and "higher" (great).

Although atheists can still achieve a sense of greatness and being someone special, the fact of the matter is that they are restricted from true greatness as I've just explained since they have stooped so low into a world where, in reality, they are not that great or special as to deserve a God and an afterlife and that this life is not something special in the sense that it was not intended for them and such. It doesn't matter how great and special you think you are if you are an atheist, to realize that, in reality, you are not great and special in this universe is demeaning of yourself because just by giving yourself the message that you are not that great and special, this is demeaning of you as a human being and that is what makes you a lesser person. Therefore, this is why people who have a sense of higher self and such who either complain that there is no God and afterlife or who still arrogantly believe there is a God and afterlife anyway despite much scientific evidence are the better people.
RE: A reason why people remain religious
Actually, I think most people are simply intellectually lazy. Religion provides a convenient, socially-acceptable, set of answers that require little thought and which really have even less importance in the big scheme of things.

Most people just go along because although god is an irrelevancy, religion does exist and in some places it can really fuck you up to push back at its bullshit.
Oh fuck. Not again.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
[Image: what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about-gif.gif]
For someone who doesn't feel pleasure, you sure like giving us the shits!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 15, 2014 at 5:21 pm)Mozart Link Wrote: It doesn't matter how great and special you think you are if you are an atheist, to realize that, in reality, you are not great and special in this universe is demeaning of yourself because just by giving yourself the message that you are not that great and special, this is demeaning of you as a human being and that is what makes you a lesser person. Therefore, this is why people who have a sense of higher self and such who either complain that there is no God and afterlife or who still arrogantly believe there is a God and afterlife anyway despite much scientific evidence are the better people.

[Image: 203518]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Mozart, there is greatness in the finite existence we endure because of its brevity and the seemingly improbable fact of it, that is, each of our lives hinge on an incomprehensible amount of minute consequences in a Universe unfathomably large and ancient. What you're advocating, and I agree, is the necessity of a higher cause for each person to place their commitment; where atheists tend to differ from believers is that we seek a higher cause that effects the world, here and now, rather than one simply hoped for in another dimension unattainable in this existence. And that we recognize our inability to observe the impacts of our actions after we have passed, there is indeed a greatness and humility to be found in the acceptance of that.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
'Reason' and 'Religious' DO NOT belong together.
Actually, I consider myself to be the most important, most valuable, and most to-be-envied person in existence.

When I die, the universe ends. Pfft. Finito. Clearly, everything that exists radiates outwards from Yours Truly. I am the centre of all. There is nothing - absolutely nothing - that does not exist for the sole purpose of my aid or entertainment. I need rosewood to craft a guitar, and rosewood exists. I need ice lollies for a treat, and BAM they exist. I want to respond to poorly thought-out forum posts, and a lot of people spend a lot of time, effort, and money to create the internet to enable me to do just that.

How the hell can you say I'm restricted from true greatness? I am Ultimately Great. I am the OmniMax - more important than any god people have managed to dream up. The universe exist to support me, nothing else. No more Boru = no more universe. Gods pale in comparison.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
One reason is because many don't want to associate with the type of atheists that get the most attention, so they state they are a theist when in fact they don't believe.....basically you get a few atheists who don't live by the own standards they praise, so you get other atheists who don't want to be looked down upon for associating themselves with those vocal atheists.

If the most prominent atheists cared to actually live by secular values instead of their own illogical emotional rants, you would have less and less atheists label themselves as theists.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1889 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  It's Darwin Day tomorrow - logic and reason demands merriment! Duty 7 730 February 13, 2022 at 10:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1422 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2776 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  No reason justifies disbelief. Catharsis 468 38590 March 30, 2019 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  What is your reason for being an atheist? dimitrios10 43 8480 June 6, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Why do people believe that Beowulf is fiction? I_am_not_mafia 59 12902 June 6, 2018 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 21633 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I like to treat religious people nice. Jeezypete 27 4259 February 6, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Why science and religious fatih need not be in conflict: It's as easy as 1-2-3! Whateverist 123 36932 May 15, 2017 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Whateverist