Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Bucket Challenge
Ice Bucket Challenge
I was challenged by my best friend Anne on FB.

I now challenge all of you. It's for a great cause.

Donate to http://www.alsa.org/donate, get chilly, or both! Your choice.

Here's mine:

"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: Ice Bucket Challenge
I'm in Arizona. When we dump ice on our heads in the summer it is not for charity....it is for survival.
"If all your friends jumped off the bridge, would you?"

I'm going to bypass both. But wait, give it a few more posts and some Christian will pop in and say "Now this is a perfect example of what's wrong with modern Atheism." or some other bullshit.
Yeah, I've read about this challenge. You can take your 'challenge' and shove it.

Nothing personal.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 16, 2014 at 10:42 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:

Ooooh that shirt lift mmm Heart
It was like 2 seconds of heaven
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I guess I am getting old and curmudgeonly. Don't see the point of the ice bucket thing.

Still, I am not feeling all that well, and the ice maker on the fridge really is acting up tonite.
Two cubes in a glass with your favorite alcoholic beverage will snap you out of it, V13.
Um, check my religious views.

No offense taken.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=935514943131638

I don't mind the challenge, just like I don't mind people wearing pink for cancer. But this woman has an interesting point, too.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
How about... "No"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ice Halos at Yellowknife. Jehanne 0 137 September 14, 2018 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  How to jump into an ice covered pool, the German way Norfolk And Chance 0 726 October 19, 2012 at 4:36 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Fishing under the ice. Tiberius 3 1701 January 3, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  NASA research team finds shrimplike creature deep below antarctic ice. leo-rcc 3 2684 March 16, 2010 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Archbow