Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deja Vu
Information 
Deja Vu
When I feel it , I get the sense of whats gonna happen and when it does happen , I feel like I predicted it, but not really , cuz I didn't really say to myself what exactly is gonna happen, I just felt it .

I don't buy this scientific explanation of one eye sees before the other and thats why we get the feeling of the past of what we see . I feel its more than that .

What do you think ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: Deja Vu
It could be that you've experienced something similar before and maybe forgotten about it. Or you're smoking something illegal.
(August 17, 2014 at 5:36 am)Diablo Wrote: It could be that you've experienced something similar before and maybe forgotten about it. Or you're smoking something illegal.

LOLz

I truly do not believe in the meta-physical stuff, but Deja Vu is just ...........*sigh* weird .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(August 17, 2014 at 5:01 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: I don't buy this scientific explanation of one eye sees before the other and thats why we get the feeling of the past of what we see . I feel its more than that .

I was taught it was an error between short term and long term memory. Instead of going into the short then long it does it the other way round making you feel like you are remembering it opposed to currently experiencing it.
I often get a feeling of what I term 'Vu jade' - It means, 'None of this is in the least familiar to me.'

Happens a lot.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's a glitch in the Matrix, I thought that everyone knew that.
I don't know if anybody on here ever uses Psychedelic Mushrooms, but I get the craziest Deja Vu while on them. Other than that things feel familiar because things are familiar. Of all the moments in our life, do we expect two to never be that similar?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Your brain has evolved to detect patterns and attach meaning to them as a means of survival when finding home and looking for things that stick out in an environment in order to find food or detect predators was necessary for survival. Nothing more.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 17, 2014 at 9:53 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I often get a feeling of what I term 'Vu jade' - It means, 'None of this is in the least familiar to me.'
Wikipedia Wrote:In psychology, jamais vu (/ˈʒɑːmeɪ ˈvuː/; from French, meaning "never seen") is the phenomenon of experiencing a situation that one recognizes in some fashion, but that nonetheless seems very unfamiliar.

Often described as the opposite of déjà vu, jamais vu involves a sense of eeriness and the observer's impression of seeing the situation for the first time, despite rationally knowing that he or she has been in the situation before. Jamais vu is sometimes associated with certain types of aphasia, amnesia, and epilepsy.

Jamais vu is most commonly experienced when a person momentarily does not recognise a word or, less commonly, a person or place, that she or he knows.

I've never read the scientific explanation. I always thought it was because your brain spuriously generates the emotional "feeling" that is associated with recognizing something familiar, so you confabulate and mistakenly presume you are recognizing something you've already seen on the basis of the feeling.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Hippocampus