Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
close knitted society is good for mental health
close knitted society is good for mental health
I don't think that is necessarily true. the close knitted nature of where I live made me think of committing suicide (I'm gay).
So, what do you think about it?
RE: close knitted society is good for mental health
(August 17, 2014 at 11:53 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: I don't think that is necessarily true. the close knitted nature of where I live made me think of committing suicide (I'm gay).

Yea, seems in your situation, it was an epic fail, on their part. Undecided I'm sorry you had to deal with it, and glad your still here.

I enjoy diversity with people, and wouldn't mind a close-knitted society, IF everyone respected each other. Hmm? Thinking Doubt that will ever happen. Would be nice though!
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
(August 17, 2014 at 11:53 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: I don't think that is necessarily true. the close knitted nature of where I live made me think of committing suicide (I'm gay).

If that's true, then your statement is one of fact, not opinion. In your case, a close-knit society clearly was not good for your mental health.
A close-knit society is great for the mental health of the included, not so much for out - groups.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Ours is a society that rewards sociopathy Macoleco 46 3636 September 13, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Our society values blind optimism. MusicLovingAtheist 27 5690 October 22, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A case for cannibalism in society liam 83 29284 September 19, 2012 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: liam
  Materialism Is good for society freedomfighter 18 6470 August 12, 2012 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Thoughts on society and the human race TheYoungAtheist 82 21230 July 26, 2011 at 3:23 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  Do the Smurfs provide a good model for society? | BBC Anymouse 19 8406 July 4, 2011 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Epimethean