Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any preachers kid experiences?
Any preachers kid experiences?
First off any other preachers kids here? If so how was the religious experience been for you all?

Secondly, I am trying to see if there is a need for a network for those who were born/adopted into a ministry setting. We already know from several other preachers kid's testimonies, that there is a considerable amount of insight into the inner workings of the church and the family. What I have personally experienced was mostly from the congregation. My father a Methodist pastor usually preached in the rather conservative wings of the Methodist church here in Louisiana. The primary thing I remember most as a PK, is the fact I had to hide practically myself in order to preserve my father’s reputation. This has led to few identity issues growing up, also due to the close proximity of being religious it severely affected my personality towards others and developed a rather dualistic nature to my thinking. Which I find nowadays makes it harder to communicate with other people and often times regulate my actions accordingly.

So that is a little bit of the psychological issues that have sprouted from organized religion, feel free to ask me questions.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: Any preachers kid experiences?
I hit an uncle of a preacher's son once. (he started it)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two More Xhristard Assholes Killed Their Kid Minimalist 17 4552 June 25, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Share your experiences with God ErGingerbreadMandude 37 6871 August 14, 2015 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Anon Khan
  This Kid Is My Newest Hero BrianSoddingBoru4 60 9216 November 15, 2014 at 11:36 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  How do you deal with street preachers? atheist04330 25 3951 July 12, 2014 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Natachan
  Thanks, Jesus...One More Dead Kid Minimalist 78 17631 March 17, 2014 at 2:58 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Experiences with Prayer FadingW 22 5088 October 29, 2010 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Jonah
  Two Street Preachers Shot Gilligan 60 19266 March 10, 2010 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: tavarish