Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is promoting virginity harmful to young girls/women?
Is promoting virginity harmful to young girls/women?
This article made me cry.
http://thoughtcatalog.com/samantha-pugsl...h-i-hadnt/
For those who know me you know that I did not wait to have sex for marriage, but instead I was pressured into marrying the man I lost my virginity to. That marriage was a traumatic experience for me, but even before everything else I felt like a whore. Not in a good way. I felt dirty and disgusting and I hated having sex. I liked sex (physically) unlike the woman in this article. My body enjoyed it and I felt so ashamed for that. That's why these virginity pledges make me so sick. Why do people insist on teaching young girls that it is shameful for them to be sexual?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Is promoting virginity harmful to young girls/women?
In the "arab" world you need to have an intact hymen (there has to be blood) to get married. Or else

So our females stay virgins.
People who never have good sex I guess...
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(August 19, 2014 at 8:16 pm)Losty Wrote: This article made me cry.
http://thoughtcatalog.com/samantha-pugsl...h-i-hadnt/
For those who know me you know that I did not wait to have sex for marriage, but instead I was pressured into marrying the man I lost my virginity to. That marriage was a traumatic experience for me, but even before everything else I felt like a whore. Not in a good way. I felt dirty and disgusting and I hated having sex. I liked sex (physically) unlike the woman in this article. My body enjoyed it and I felt so ashamed for that. That's why these virginity pledges make me so sick. Why do people insist on teaching young girls that it is shameful for them to be sexual?

Because they want to control by force, threats, guilt, and shame what they can not hold onto by their own virtue.
(August 19, 2014 at 8:38 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: In the "arab" world you need to have an intact hymen (there has to be blood) to get married. Or else

"our females"
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Teaching that sex or sexuality is in any way wrong is one of the worst things religion does. "Be fruitful and multiply." How the fuck are we supposed to do that if we wind up stuck with someone we're not sexually compatible with?!?

Society will have taken a huge leap forward when sex is finally recognized as the biological function it is instead of treating it as some taboo that must be hidden away.

Instead of putting it on a pedestal, fucking should be considered a sport.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 19, 2014 at 8:38 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: In the "arab" world you need to have an intact hymen (there has to be blood) to get married. Or else

And the sheep are nervous.
I'm supposed to help slaughter a sheep at eid al-adha (yl-cíd ly-kbíra)
It isn't being 'slaughtered' that makes them nervous.

(I don't want to have to spell this out for you.)
I'd say repressing natural urges, and remaining ignorant of one of the biggest part of being a species, would be harmful to anyone.

Take the simple act of masturbation. It's healthy, and carries no harmful side effects. It's not like you can catch an STD or get someone pregnant through masturbation. But we're so repressed that even the idea of relieving sexual tension in a harmless manner is considered wrong and ugly.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1296 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  87% of Young Irish Vote for Abortion! Jehanne 43 3730 May 31, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Women as priests Der/die AtheistIn 53 8260 August 4, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Three Christian Women marry Jesus Divinity 21 4286 July 14, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian war on women Fake Messiah 30 4361 April 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Girls drugged and abused at church-run home zebo-the-fat 20 2567 July 17, 2016 at 6:31 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women Rhondazvous 17 3991 May 17, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Here You Go, Girls.... Minimalist 27 2895 May 2, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Teach children about Jesus at a young age, Foxaèr 171 28597 March 22, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  How can women be Christian? stop_pushing_me 45 8192 August 26, 2015 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous