Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indoor Plants
Indoor Plants
Alrighty, so I put some indoor plants outside to water, but forgot to bring them in. 8 hours of heat and they already look like they are withering. Did I kill them that quickly? Does anyone know about plants?
RE: Indoor Plants
That sucks. I'm not expert, but hopefully they'll be ok back inside. Plants can be tough sometimes. Try to just do whatever you're supposed to do, and maybe they'll get better.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I feel like a retard, but hope they'll make it. I know very little on most plants, and these were just gifts from unknown senders.
What kind of plants? Makes a difference - some are more tolerant than others.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
We grow chillies/peppers and tomatoes in our office at work and they grow just fine.

I actually gave my chilli plant small bits of water every day and it's flourished. Have a few chillies growing at the moment.

One trick for constant, small hydration of the soil: Get a water bottle and poke a few small holes in the lid. Fill with water and turn it up side down and bury it in the soil. It's actually quite effective as an amateur hydroponics set up and you'll not need to worry about constantly watering your plants.

Another tip (I've found) - Ensure you're using the correct soil (obviously) for the type of plant, and ensure you add some nutrients every now and then. We found that tomatoes grown indoors tend to need it so we added some 'tomato food' and they've flourished ever since. I'll upload some pictures later.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
You didn't kill them. They just need more water. The water bottle tip from Fidel is excellent. I have used this technique many times for my tomatoes during summer droughts. I would give that post 2 kudos if I could.
I have been feeding my tomatoes/potatoes: Organicare Pure Grow (6/6/5 + 8% Ca) for veg
Organicare Pure Bloom (1/5/4 + 6% Ca) for flower/setting fruit
Both are OMRI listed and are giving me great results. A little food now and then will go a long way to keeping your plants healthy. Especially if they have been in the same pot/dirt for a long period of time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1908 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Indoor Days Edwardo Piet 61 5558 August 5, 2016 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus