Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 5:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Faith based organization sends solar-powered Bibles to Haiti
U.S. Faith based organization sends solar-powered Bibles to Haiti
http://www.examiner.com/x-8776-Boston-At...s-to-Haiti

http://bostonatheists.blogspot.com/2010/...ponse.html

All I can think of is all that money wasted to utilize such technology going to waste instead of providing much needed food, water, or medical supplies. It makes me sick.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: U.S. Faith based organization sends solar-powered Bibles to Haiti
Lol i know, more interested in prothletising than giving aid where it matters. It's rather sick.
Those religious fucks are the first to exploit tragedy for there own agenda.
binnyCoffee
We should send them solar powered versions of, "The God Delusion" or maybe some books on critical thinking.

This does seem like the worst kind of predation by the religious; much like all the efforts that are expended trying to woo children to church with VBS or other activities. Many of my church leaders said things like, "We need people to see that church can be fun and being a Christian is a blast. Invite your secular friends!" It is the same with outreach programs like the, "Living Free" ministry (a ministry targeted at people recently released from prison or jail). I was involved with it for a while and much of what was being done to convince the people that they needed god was nothing more than conditional love used as leverage to exact a conversion from these people.

Does anyone here speak Creole? Wink

Rhizo
Solar powered? whats wrong with paper?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(January 19, 2010 at 12:54 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Solar powered? whats wrong with paper?

About half the people in Haiti are illiterate. Wiki says the literacy rate is 54.8% http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou...eracy_rate
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Send some preachers that can proselytize when done doing actually useful stuff like clearing debris and recovering bodies. Then they can explain how this loving God of theirs felt the need to kill so many.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
That would cost much more than shipping a crate or two filled with opinion grenades. Apparently they are loud enough to reach 300 people around them. I was joking about sending copies of atheist works but there might be some merit in proselytizing for Atheos our lord and savior.

Rhizo
(January 19, 2010 at 12:58 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote:
(January 19, 2010 at 12:54 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Solar powered? whats wrong with paper?

About half the people in Haiti are illiterate. Wiki says the literacy rate is 54.8% http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou...eracy_rate

So when there is difficulty getting the basics for life to the poor victims someone decides to take up precious room to infect the populous with this crap.
It'll probably work too.
The uneducated are the most vulnereable to this sort of predation.
Devil

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Does it say anything on the religiosity of Haiti as well?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 3910 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1260 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 940 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 11108 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 12645 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Faith industry Graufreud 8 840 August 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My faith is on hold. Mystic 16 4215 May 3, 2018 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Do Christians have faith in oxygen/air? MellisaClarke 83 13405 January 3, 2018 at 6:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible Face2face 56 15632 November 16, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33339 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77