Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women. Religion’s longestrunning victims.
Women. Religion’s longestrunning victims.
Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time.

Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL
RE: Women. Religion’s longestrunning victims.
(August 27, 2014 at 1:37 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Christians Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time.
Your telling Christians to stop being christian at an atheist forum. Undecided I think you'll have a better audience at a christian forum. Otherwise, your preaching to the choir.
(August 27, 2014 at 1:43 pm)Surgenator Wrote: Your telling Christians to stop being christian at an atheist forum.
Er... no. He's encouraging them to stop discriminating women.
Toilet seats up gentlemen! Equality is at stake here Tongue
Quote:I think you'll have a better audience at a christian forum.

They'd ban him in a heart beat. Those shits believe in a god who punishes women.

Call him the God of the Little Dick.
(August 27, 2014 at 1:45 pm)Baqal Wrote:
(August 27, 2014 at 1:43 pm)Surgenator Wrote: Your telling Christians to stop being christian at an atheist forum.
Er... no. He's encouraging them to stop discriminating women.

Quote:I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
1 Timothy 2:12
Christianity makes women 2nd class citizens. So she is telling christians to stop being christians.
(August 27, 2014 at 2:03 pm)Surgenator Wrote: I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
Christianity makes women 2nd class citizens. So she is telling christians to stop being christians.
Not all Christians believe what the Bible says. The subjugation of women to men has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. Christianity is a position of faith, not actions.
Popcorn
(August 27, 2014 at 1:43 pm)Surgenator Wrote:
(August 27, 2014 at 1:37 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Christians Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time.
Your telling Christians to stop being christian at an atheist forum. Undecided I think you'll have a better audience at a christian forum. Otherwise, your preaching to the choir.

I wish this was the choir you seem to think but I cannot agree from what I see elsewhere.

I am aware of where I am but you guys brought up an older O.P. on women so I thought I would post one that I have posted as you suggest.

Consider it a small effort on my part to show how to be better apologists for women's rights to equality that is presently being denied women by a predominantly male Christian majority.

Regards
DL

(August 27, 2014 at 2:07 pm)Baqal Wrote:
(August 27, 2014 at 2:03 pm)Surgenator Wrote: I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
Not all Christians believe what the Bible says. The subjugation of women to men has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. Christianity is a position of faith, not actions.

Not to argue but , --- he shall rule over you, is a position of action and not faith.

I personally believe that very few believers actually believe. They just follow tradition and culture and our Western culture has always discriminated against women and gays.

We are getting better but still have a long way to go.

Regards
DL
(August 27, 2014 at 2:07 pm)Baqal Wrote:

Is this a non-Christian cherry-picking the Bible?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19034 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness child abuse zebo-the-fat 13 2754 November 20, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Women as priests Der/die AtheistIn 53 8323 August 4, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Three Christian Women marry Jesus Divinity 21 4331 July 14, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian war on women Fake Messiah 30 4429 April 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women Rhondazvous 17 4053 May 17, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: abaris
  How can women be Christian? stop_pushing_me 45 8249 August 26, 2015 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Huckabee And Women's Bathrooms Nope 48 10103 June 7, 2015 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Did Bishops (In London) Ever Debate Whether Or Not Women Were Human? ReptilianPeon 8 3388 March 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Brometheus
  Evangelical Alliance: "We aren't homophobic women-haters" Foxaèr 170 22369 December 20, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Chad32