Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me find an atheism-related video! I can't remember!
Help me find an atheism-related video! I can't remember!
Hey, maybe a few other people can remember a video I can't recall the name of.

It's filmed at like a church meeting/youth group thing. The young, hip pastors are holding a Q&A for Bible-skeptics so they can set the record straight for the Bible. Long story short, the pastors get flooded with so many skeptical questions from 13-16 year olds that they are forced to stop calling on the teens. Questions covered the age of the Earth, Noah's Ark, and evolution.

It's at least 15 minutes long. I remember seeing clips of it on an evolution video, and then I remember finding the link and watching the full version shortly after.

Help!
“Avoidable human misery is more often caused not so much by stupidity as by ignorance, particularly our ignorance about ourselves.” - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World: Science As A Candle In The Dark
RE: Help me find an atheism-related video! I can't remember!
If you're referring to the one where Eric Hovind gets schooled by an eleven year old, that portion of it is here (only 3 minutes though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhDPrP-tpeo
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Not it, sorry. Super entertaining, though!

Similar format to that video, only at a regular church, no Hovinds, Hams, or Comforts, etc.

One question I do remember being asked for sure was a kid pressing the church leaders about certain species being found only in specific parts of the world, and how this couldn't be if all the animals spread out from a single point after emerging from the Ark. Lots of head-scratching followed.
“Avoidable human misery is more often caused not so much by stupidity as by ignorance, particularly our ignorance about ourselves.” - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World: Science As A Candle In The Dark
Well if you find what you're looking for, please share. I need a good laugh.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(August 29, 2014 at 7:05 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Well if you find what you're looking for, please share. I need a good laugh.

I wish I could!

Hasn't anybody seen this?!
(August 29, 2014 at 11:54 pm)topher Wrote:
(August 29, 2014 at 7:05 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Well if you find what you're looking for, please share. I need a good laugh.

I wish I could!

Hasn't anybody seen this?!

Was it on Youtube? Did you watch it while logged in on Youtube? Then it might be in your YT History page. Unless it was forever ago, might not want to backtrack that far.
It was on YouTube, but I probably wasn't signed in. (I rarely am.) And it was at least half a year ago.

I thought it was a fairly popular video, lots of views/comments. Maybe it's not as popular as I thought...
(August 30, 2014 at 2:08 am)topher Wrote: It was on YouTube, but I probably wasn't signed in. (I rarely am.) And it was at least half a year ago.

I thought it was a fairly popular video, lots of views/comments. Maybe it's not as popular as I thought...

Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.” ~L. Drachman

4 HorsemenJesus Stoning
(August 31, 2014 at 4:48 pm)Greed™ Wrote:
(August 30, 2014 at 2:08 am)topher Wrote: It was on YouTube, but I probably wasn't signed in. (I rarely am.) And it was at least half a year ago.

Hey, hey!

We have a winner!

Full version here:

I must have watched a condensed version with all the kids' questions. This 2-hour version is mostly bickering. That's the video, though!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Celebrities you find attractive FrustratedFool 114 6658 November 9, 2023 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Know Most Of You Are Too Young To Remember Johnny Carson Minimalist 9 5617 November 8, 2017 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What is the first song or piece of music you can remember hearing on the radio (or)? Whateverist 78 10872 October 27, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Remember when this was scary? Foxaèr 5 995 October 17, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: brewer
  can't remember this movie name :( Marsellus Wallace 3 1311 April 7, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Movie Quotes to remember BrokenQuill92 7 2269 February 1, 2014 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  Hitler can't find Wally/ Waldo Edwardo Piet 11 7410 July 20, 2011 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus
  Too Young to Remember - Big River A Theist 1 1051 October 22, 2010 at 9:21 am
Last Post: leo-rcc