Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My last night of KT virginity
My last night of KT virginity
Yes, this is my last night of KT virginity. As of Saturday night I will no longer be able to say I have never felt the warm embrace of Kate Bush's live vocals on my tender ear-holes.

I'm so excited it's bloody ridiculous. I feel like a kid again.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
RE: My last night of KT virginity
Who is Kate bush?
(August 29, 2014 at 10:39 am)Chuck Wrote: Who is Kate bush?

If you are from the US I'm not allowed to tell you. It's a secret (but she has a Wiki entry, shhhhh).

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)

Multi-talented Brit pop star. I think she was knighted. I had one of her albums when I was serving in Japan in the early eighties.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(August 29, 2014 at 10:44 am)ManMachine Wrote: If you are from the US I'm not allowed to tell you. It's a secret.

I always say to each his own when it comes to music, art, food, drink, fashion, etc.; however, I've never quite understood Kate Bush's critical acclaim. I consider her overrated to the point where I think she's one huge British inside joke. I also can't imagine ever buying any of her music. Her voice is irritating and her songs are unremarkable. Here is a link to someone ranking her 31 singles:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music...-best.html

MM,
I hope you enjoy yourself and find the experience to be everything you hope it to be. I have no doubt that there's music I cherish that you would find unpleasant.
I wasn't alive during the eighties.
(August 29, 2014 at 11:11 am)Cato Wrote:
(August 29, 2014 at 10:44 am)ManMachine Wrote: If you are from the US I'm not allowed to tell you. It's a secret.

I always say to each his own when it comes to music, art, food, drink, fashion, etc.; however, I've never quite understood Kate Bush's critical acclaim. I consider her overrated to the point where I think she's one huge British inside joke. I also can't imagine ever buying any of her music. Her voice is irritating and her songs are unremarkable. Here is a link to someone ranking her 31 singles:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music...-best.html

MM,
I hope you enjoy yourself and find the experience to be everything you hope it to be. I have no doubt that there's music I cherish that you would find unpleasant.

Thank you, I also agree it would be a dreadful world if we all liked the same music, although I will listen to pretty much anything (I have over 29,000 tracks on my icloud). Kate Bush is one of my favourites but I can just as easily slip on a Tom Waits album, Hildegard Von Bingen, Type O Negative, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Ofra Haza, ELO, Mike Oldfield, Youssou N'Dour, Hendrix, Eek a Mouse, Rolling Stones, Elbow, Laurie Anderson, Beck...

There's so much wonderful stuff out there, why have one flavour when you can have the whole ice cream cart.

MM

(August 29, 2014 at 11:11 am)DramaQueen Wrote: I wasn't alive during the eighties.
= I was never alive

Tongue

That's a bit like saying who were the Beatles. She is a uniquely talented individual whose sound was like no other.

She hasn't toured for 35 years, last time I was too young and to be honest not interested, this time, by the time I found out she was touring it was sold out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VerK4zwMRQw

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5437 476012 Yesterday at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 561 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1671 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2165 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1712 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  Save the best for last person brewer 23 1900 September 16, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 983020 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  For the scond night in a row...... Brian37 9 715 May 2, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1098 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Last movie you didn't watch Fake Messiah 43 2794 November 16, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah