Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only man is fit to be God.

There is no higher form of intelligent life as far as we can tell with any confidence.

Man has already proven that he can produce better laws than any of the Gods so to want to have man led by a God with less moral values would be like us electing Satan.

We are a part of the animal kingdom. In this kingdom, all animals look to their own kind for guidance and the best rules for them to live their lives by. These they learn from instincts. Man seeks the same best rules to live life by and not only uses his instincts and feelings, he also uses his intellect and reason.

Religions would have us emulate some absentee Gods while knowing that they are less moral and intelligent in their laws than man. That is why religions tend to not try to have holy laws put into our societies. They are way too draconian.

If all other animals emulate their fittest as God, in the sense of the best rules for life, then why do some humans want to follow what can only be called an alien God?

Humans should rule over humans. No alien God should ever be let to rule over us even if one did show up.

Do you agree and if not, why not?

Regards
DL
RE: Only man is fit to be God.
(August 29, 2014 at 11:57 am)Greatest I am Wrote: Only man is fit to be God.

There is no higher form of intelligent life as far as we can tell with any confidence.

Man has already proven that he can produce better laws than any of the Gods so to want to have man led by a God with less moral values would be like us electing Satan.

We are a part of the animal kingdom. In this kingdom, all animals look to their own kind for guidance and the best rules for them to live their lives by. These they learn from instincts. Man seeks the same best rules to live life by and not only uses his instincts and feelings, he also uses his intellect and reason.

Religions would have us emulate some absentee Gods while knowing that they are less moral and intelligent in their laws than man. That is why religions tend to not try to have holy laws put into our societies. They are way too draconian.

If all other animals emulate their fittest as God, in the sense of the best rules for life, then why do some humans want to follow what can only be called an alien God?

Humans should rule over humans. No alien God should ever be let to rule over us even if one did show up.

Do you agree and if not, why not?

Regards
DL
ROFLOL

Humans fit to rule over humans.. Because we've done such an excellent job so far.

God gave us this world to rule over and to care for those in need. I could post pics of babies starving in Africa or drinking dirty water, but you get the point.

So no, humans are not fit to simply manage and distribute the resources we have been given to share, let alone rule over ourselves.
I volunteer to be god then!

Oh shit.
(August 30, 2014 at 2:37 pm)Drich Wrote: Humans fit to rule over humans.. Because we've done such an excellent job so far.

Yeah, those religious zealots keep fucking this up.
(August 30, 2014 at 2:37 pm)Drich Wrote:
(August 29, 2014 at 11:57 am)Greatest I am Wrote:

ROFLOL

Humans fit to rule over humans.. Because we've done such an excellent job so far.

God gave us this world to rule over and to care for those in need. I could post pics of babies starving in Africa or drinking dirty water, but you get the point.

So no, humans are not fit to simply manage and distribute the resources we have been given to share, let alone rule over ourselves.

Facepalm umm....I'm not even going to bother lol.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Drich Wrote:Humans fit to rule over humans.. Because we've done such an excellent job so far.

I suppose you want a god that commands slaughter of innocents to rule us then?
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
(August 30, 2014 at 2:56 pm)Losty Wrote:
(August 30, 2014 at 2:37 pm)Drich Wrote: ROFLOL

Facepalm umm....I'm not even going to bother lol.

Then I will...

Have we done a perfect job of governing ourselves? No, but we get better at it all the time, primarily because as the baseless fear of your non-existent god recedes, people look to themselves.

Really? Starving babies in Africa (not to mention Europe, Asia, and the Americas) doesn't give you the teensiest pause that maybe your god could lend a hand? Oh, wait, I remember - god permits babies to die of malnutrition and other horrible afflictions to teach us mercy and compassion.

As for managing resources, this too is getting better all the time. Fewer people (as a percentage of population) go hungry or cold or die of sanitation-related illnesses than ever before. Why? Because of HUMAN ingenuity and compassion, not the god of Abraham, we seems to take a disturbing delight in misery and horror.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote: but you get the point.

Yes, drippy. You're a fucking idiot. You don't have to keep hammering the point home. We've got it.
(August 30, 2014 at 2:37 pm)Drich Wrote: ROFLOL

But you believe that god rules over humans, so under your worldview god's attempt at ruling the planet is exactly as bad as ours, only he has less excuse because he knows how to do it better. Dodgy

And if you're going to use the free will excuse then I suppose you've got some other life form with which to compare our governing ourselves with? Because if you don't then you have no metric for determining how well we're doing relative to our means. For all you know we're doing the best anyone could possibly do with the resources at our disposal; we could be at the pinnacle and you'd never know.

Think before you roflol next time, okay?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Quote:Humans should rule over humans. No alien God should ever be let to rule over us even if one did show up.

No. Because I object to the word "rule." The idea is offensive. People operate in a society through mutual cooperation and earned respect. No one is ever to be inherently superior or subservient to another. Ever. It is only a matter of the respect that a person has earned, and any deference they have as a result of that respect which is earned.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13092 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10090 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  So It Seems That This Jesus Freak Corporation's Religious Beliefs Only Go So Far Minimalist 11 2167 July 6, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  There are ONLY two types of Christians! 21stCenturyIconoclast! 60 13734 June 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 20931 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed? godlessheatheness 41 8540 March 26, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4200 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6060 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat zebo-the-fat 20 3080 March 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: abaris
  The ONLY true christian Foxaèr 28 5969 January 28, 2016 at 6:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus