Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullying
Bullying
Is it normal that I get really angry when I see a kid being bullied? Considering I was once bullied too - The other day I saw a kid (probably 13 years old, maybe 14, I don't know) bullying another kid - Now I might have thought they are just kidding, just let them be, but I've been trough it so many times that I now exactly how it feels/looks like - So I approached the bully and threatened to beat the shit out of him if he didn't stop - I didn't yell or anything, I just said it in a really serious tone (some friends tell me I sound like a serial killer when I'm serious) and didn't control my actions - I wouldn't really beat the crap out of a 13 year old, but it just felt good to make him stop, the other kid seemed relieved - Is this a normal psychological response of the brain? It just makes me so angry and so frustrated, it is an image I have trouble conceiving - The stronger should be aiding the weaker, not hurting them, I've always wondered what kind of social problems lead someone to become a bully - I noticed most of my bullies didn't get attention at home and parents didn't care about them much. *Sigh

I'm sorry if this bothers anyone, I'm slightly drunk and felt like sharing some stuff - Slightly, not hyper drunk, I'm perfectly conscious Smile
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Bullying
Popcorn
I was bullied in school, and it would feel good to beat the crap out of bullies, but that's not the most responsible way to go about it.

I think at least once I heard the excuse that it gets people prepared for life, but it's not like I was bullied at work. Nothing bosses love more than seeing one person not doing their job, and preventing at least one other person from doing their job.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 30, 2014 at 7:37 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I was bullied in school, and it would feel good to beat the crap out of bullies, but that's not the most responsible way to go about it.

I think at least once I heard the excuse that it gets people prepared for life, but it's not like I was bullied at work. Nothing bosses love more than seeing one person not doing their job, and preventing at least one other person from doing their job.

Lol yeah it prepares you for life - It teaches you people are douchebags, the hardway Thinking

I don't want to beat the crap out of anybody and I agree with what you say - I just feel this rage when I see others going trough similar situations.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Oh lord lol.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 30, 2014 at 8:31 pm)Losty Wrote: Oh lord lol.

What's so funny?

(August 30, 2014 at 7:18 pm)Blackout Wrote: Is it normal that I get really angry when I see a kid being bullied? Considering I was once bullied too - The other day I saw a kid (probably 13 years old, maybe 14, I don't know) bullying another kid - Now I might have thought they are just kidding, just let them be, but I've been trough it so many times that I now exactly how it feels/looks like - So I approached the bully and threatened to beat the shit out of him if he didn't stop - I didn't yell or anything, I just said it in a really serious tone (some friends tell me I sound like a serial killer when I'm serious) and didn't control my actions - I wouldn't really beat the crap out of a 13 year old, but it just felt good to make him stop, the other kid seemed relieved - Is this a normal psychological response of the brain? It just makes me so angry and so frustrated, it is an image I have trouble conceiving - The stronger should be aiding the weaker, not hurting them, I've always wondered what kind of social problems lead someone to become a bully - I noticed most of my bullies didn't get attention at home and parents didn't care about them much. *Sigh

I'm sorry if this bothers anyone, I'm slightly drunk and felt like sharing some stuff - Slightly, not hyper drunk, I'm perfectly conscious Smile

let me ask this,you just encounter the person that bullied you before,would you do something,if no tell me why. (that's a friendly approach coming from me,no offense)
(August 31, 2014 at 2:51 pm)Greed™ Wrote: let me ask this,you just encounter the person that bullied you before,would you do something,if no tell me why. (that's a friendly approach coming from me,no offense)
Welcome

I know you weren't asking me, but...

I was bullied as a child. If today, I were to meet those who bullied me when I was younger, I would assess the measure of their current character, and base my response appropriately there upon. I doubt I would bring up any past 'offense'.
(August 31, 2014 at 2:56 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
(August 31, 2014 at 2:51 pm)Greed™ Wrote: let me ask this,you just encounter the person that bullied you before,would you do something,if no tell me why. (that's a friendly approach coming from me,no offense)
Welcome

I know you weren't asking me, but...

I was bullied as a child. If today, I were to meet those who bullied me when I was younger, I would assess the measure of their current character, and base my response appropriately there upon. I doubt I would bring up any past 'offense'.

Thank you for the welcome Smile

Like you i was bullied as a child.

My point is,if both forget about the past,it's fine,but that's unlikely to happen,what will happen is that one of you will remember what happened and never will be respectful towards each other.

He can be respectful to you at that the time,but what he will be doing is wearing a mask like most people do everyday,inside he will be laughing at you,remembering what happened,and when he reach home he will say to his family who he meet and what he have done.

to the OP,if that happened in a school,you saved that kid for one day,but we all know that it will happen again.
(August 30, 2014 at 7:37 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I was bullied in school, and it would feel good to beat the crap out of bullies, but that's not the most responsible way to go about it.

What would you suggest then? Telling the teacher?

You know, I used to think somewhat like this. "Just ignore them" I'd say to myself. Violence isn't the answer, that old cliché. But you know what? I honestly think this line of thinking doesn't help shit. My nephew is in secondary school and he regularly gets bullied. He ignores it and it doesn't stop, if anything it just gets worse. Telling the teacher isn't going to do anything, the bully will just have even more of a vendetta against you if you tell on him. If his posse even gets so much of a wiff that you've told on the bully, you're in for an even worse time.

Eventually the bullies will just do something you can't ignore. It starts with the typical name-calling and psychological bullying, but it eventually leads to them messing with your stuff, hitting you etc.

Honestly, if I could go back now I wouldn't just sit and ignore the kind of shit I used to. I'd knock the bully the fuck out. Part of the problem of why kids get bullied is they're too used to being the victim, they're weak. People don't like to admit it but it's true. They're scared of getting into a fight, or getting beat up. If you just fight the guy bullying you, even if you don't win, chances are that guy will stop giving you shit. Obviously it doesn't work in every case, but I think the main thing bullies do is look for people who they perceive as weaker than them, or people who are easy targets. Just ignoring them and letting them give you shit just tells the bully you're easy pickings IMHO.

Bullying won't stop from 'better education' or any of that shit. Kids are assholes. They always will be. Only way you stop from being a victim is if you stop acting like one, grow some balls and stand up to the asshole giving you crap.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online bullying? ignoramus 17 1953 October 9, 2015 at 3:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Exclamation Some bullying to enrage hearts LastPoet 29 2542 May 14, 2015 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  OP/ED Bullying vs merely getting offended. Brian37 6 1058 October 20, 2014 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Bullying, when it is and when it is not. Brian37 9 2100 October 8, 2012 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh