Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumbest verses in the Quran
Dumbest verses in the Quran
INB4 A MUSLIM COMES AND TELLS THE MEANINGS ARE DIFFERENT IN ARABIC, I ACTUALLY FOUND THESE VERSES READING THE QURAN IN ARABIC, THEN FOUND THEIR ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS SO I CAN POST THEM ON THIS FORUM, SO GTFO.

1- Surat al Ma'idah 5:67

Quote:O Messenger, announce that which has been revealed to you from your Lord, and if you do not, then you have not conveyed His message. And Allah will protect you from the people. Indeed, Allah does not guide the disbelieving people.

The translator here tried to make the verse look less dumb by changing one of the words, but in original arabic they are the same words, so I correct it here :

O Messenger, announce that which has been revealed to you from your Lord, and if you do not, then you have not announced His message. And Allah will protect you from the people. Indeed, Allah does not guide the disbelieving people.

[Image: YouDontSayBlackSS.png]

Really? Is that the word of the genius who created this universe? Announce my message, because if you didn't, then you didn't announce my message? NO shit Sherlok!!!!

What's next? Eat your veggies kids, because if you don't eat them, then you didn't ingest your vegetables?

2- Surat Al Noor 24:61

Quote:There is not upon the blind [any] constraint nor upon the lame constraint nor upon the ill constraint nor upon yourselves when you eat from your [own] houses or the houses of your fathers or the houses of your mothers or the houses of your brothers or the houses of your sisters or the houses of your father's brothers or the houses of your father's sisters or the houses of your mother's brothers or the houses of your mother's sisters or [from houses] whose keys you possess or [from the house] of your friend. There is no blame upon you whether you eat together or separately. But when you enter houses, give greetings of peace upon each other - a greeting from Allah , blessed and good. Thus does Allah make clear to you the verses [of ordinance] that you may understand.

[Image: 29e062e3631110ba782eee7023494de2a38b630a...e62dbb.jpg]

What now, Allah? You start out the verse saying there's no burden upon the blind, crippled, ill, to eat from their own fucking houses? What the fuck does that have to do with them being blind or crippled? Why did you need to mention that it's also okay for blind and crippled people?

There's also no burden if you eat together or separately? THANKS SO MUCH ALLAH. I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA GO TO HELL BECAUSE I EAT ALONE.

posting more in replies when i get time to write more...
RE: Dumbest verses in the Quran
reserved
Did you just double post the same thing? Give it some time for people to reply, especially since not everyone reads the Quran anyway.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 31, 2014 at 1:20 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Did you just double post the same thing? Give it some time for people to reply, especially since not everyone reads the Quran anyway.

It was by mistake that the same thing is there twice, I don't even know how that happened ( I was editing the thread) but i reserved the second slot just to keep it to write more later...
(August 31, 2014 at 1:13 pm)exMohammed Wrote: reserved

What exactly was this comment space reserved for?

Facepalm
I guess I should have read the thread first.

1) you probably accidentally clicked reply instead of edit. Don't worry it happens to everyone.

2) you only have 80 minutes to edit that post to add more information. Reserving a comment space seems silly to me, but whatever makes you happy.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
This isn't anything that disproves the quran or anything I've just always found this verse to be badly written in terms of believability that someone said this, and for how ridiculous it sounds to me.

Quote:And as he was constructing the ship, whenever the chiefs of his people passed by him, they made a mockery of him. He said: "If you mock at us, so do we mock at you likewise for your mocking.

I think the poetry and graceful writing of the quran must be lost in translation in this verse because it always sounds stupid to me and amuses me that in an argument someone would actually say "If you mock us we mock you likewise for your mocking" Smooth line.

Reminds me of this from sienfeld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCahZIBtig4

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Oh man, why did I never watch that series? That's hilarious.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 31, 2014 at 2:02 pm)paulpablo Wrote: This isn't anything that disproves the quran or anything I've just always found this verse to be badly written in terms of believability that someone said this, and for how ridiculous it sounds to me.

Quote:And as he was constructing the ship, whenever the chiefs of his people passed by him, they made a mockery of him. He said: "If you mock at us, so do we mock at you likewise for your mocking.

I think the poetry and graceful writing of the quran must be lost in translation in this verse because it always sounds stupid to me and amuses me that in an argument someone would actually say "If you mock us we mock you likewise for your mocking" Smooth line.

Reminds me of this from sienfeld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCahZIBtig4

He actually means we will be mocking you when the flood comes and you guys drown and we survive..
Yes I have read the whole Quran, and yes its dumb, its got nothing going for it, and I just wonder why people can believe in it ????.
The same reason anyone believes any of these books. They all have nothing going for them.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 17 758 Yesterday at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8179 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20454 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1213 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Satanic verses Fake Messiah 79 2686 August 21, 2022 at 7:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4199 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2830 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48618 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11500 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 851 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker