Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are spiders more scary than sharks?
Why are spiders more scary than sharks?
Think the title says it all....

Given the amount of damage each creature can do, and one is our predator, why the imbalance??
RE: Why are spiders more scary than sharks?
(September 5, 2014 at 6:46 pm)lifesagift Wrote: Think the title says it all....

Given the amount of damage each creature can do, and one is our predator, why the imbalance??

Because we do not live in the sea.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
(September 5, 2014 at 6:47 pm)Tobie Wrote:

Because we do not live in the sea.

yep, but spiders won't bite your leg off !
Spiders are NOT more scary than sharks. Spiders, if treated properly, are our friends. Sharks are utterly terrifying.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 5, 2014 at 6:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Spiders are NOT more scary than sharks. Spiders, if treated properly, are our friends. Sharks are utterly terrifying.

Boru

That's of course your opinion.... and my wife would disagree massively with you...

And if I never go in water, sharks are pussies!!!
I should think it was real hard to kill a shark with a rolled up newspaper.
I'm a surfer in No. Cal. Plenty of sharks (so they say). I've never feared sharks. I LOVE spiders. I'm not sure I... never mind... Carry on.
(September 5, 2014 at 6:55 pm)lifesagift Wrote:
(September 5, 2014 at 6:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Spiders are NOT more scary than sharks. Spiders, if treated properly, are our friends. Sharks are utterly terrifying.

Boru

That's of course your opinion.... and my wife would disagree massively with you...

You clearly haven't seen the 'Sharknado' documentaries.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 5, 2014 at 6:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 5, 2014 at 6:55 pm)lifesagift Wrote: That's of course your opinion.... and my wife would disagree massively with you...

You clearly haven't seen the 'Sharknado' documentaries.

Boru

What?

Sharks don't crawl in and out of your mouth while you sleep.

Seen plenty of sharks while scuba diving - they're not nearly as threatening as you might expect. On the other hand, moray eels and stonefish I give a lot of respect to. Morays because they're hostile and capable of doing real damage, and stonefish because they aren't hostile - but they look like damn rocks and have extremely poisonous spines.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are other races more evolved than Blacks? Alexmahone 164 17047 March 18, 2022 at 4:22 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  God can never know more than the host ignoramus 21 6101 February 17, 2017 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Magilla
  Primordial earth much more hospitable to life than imagined. Anomalocaris 0 957 September 17, 2014 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  'Afterlife' feels 'even more real than real,' researcher says pocaracas 5 2950 April 18, 2013 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Too little salt more deadly than too much... theVOID 14 4950 May 10, 2011 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Is it selfish to have more than two children? moodydaniel 7 2704 March 3, 2009 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet