Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you thinking about?
What are you thinking about?
What is on your mind? Anything puzzling, interesting, or just randomness.

This is a thread that can go anywhere or nowhere. Share what's on your mind.

I'm thinking about whether or not I should go to the postgrad centre to write or up to the lounge. The lounge is nicer, I like the tables better. But the postgrad centre is dead quiet, which I prefer. And it has a kettle. Because tea. <3
"Yes, I am a Free Lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please, and with that right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere. And I have the further right to demand a free and unrestricted exercise of that right, and it is your duty not only to accord it, but as a community, to see I am protected in it. I trust that I am fully understood, for I mean just that, and nothing else."
— Victoria Woodhull, “And the truth shall make you free,” a speech on the principles of social freedom, 1871
RE: What are you thinking about?
Reading news, I invariably run across a picture of Justin Bieber due to some new display of immaturity. He always seems to have a squinty eyed, scrunched forehead look. I'm not sure what the motiviation is for this; does he perhaps think it makes him look like a bad ass, is it meant to convey coolness, is he constantly confused, is he actually a deep thinker? To me he always looks like he's trying to pass a twelve pound turd.
Just watched North beat the bombers...
Sad for the SWMBO who's a bomber supporter ( her dad played in 5 grand finals for the bombers)... I'm a one eyed pie...

Tigers tomorrow... Boy, will this be an upset, but I doubt they will.
Only a tigers fan genuinely thinks they can win, no-one else does...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Some friends I haven't seen in a while asked me to come out tonight for a few drinks... it was one of their birthdays recently.

Only problem is I have a free ticket to an online poker tournament that I was planning on playing (I won it last month and it was my biggest win yet).

I don't wanna go out and miss the tournament.

But I also don't wanna bust out of the tournament early and regret not going out. It'd be a double blow.

Fuck... saying no feels wrong, saying yes feels wrong. What the fuck life. What the fuck.
Contemplating my weekend, wondering how much of a college volleyball tourney I want to see, and if only the SDSU, what the hell else am I going to do?

Along the same line, tomorrow, the 9-11 memorial staircase climb (or whatever it's called) occurs at one of the downtown hotels. They say it's sold out, but there is a beer garden and ceremonies and such. It benefits EMS workers iin 9-11, I think. Not sure what they mean by "sold out". Maybe just the spaces for actual runners, which I would not be. I could still watch? I dunno.

Planning, planning, planning. That's what's on my mind.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(September 6, 2014 at 7:58 am)Cato Wrote: Reading news, I invariably run across a picture of Justin Bieber due to some new display of immaturity. He always seems to have a squinty eyed, scrunched forehead look. I'm not sure what the motiviation is for this; does he perhaps think it makes him look like a bad ass, is it meant to convey coolness, is he constantly confused, is he actually a deep thinker? To me he always looks like he's trying to pass a twelve pound turd.

He's trying to pull a Jaden Smith.

[Image: 2056_1369416231.jpg]

(September 6, 2014 at 9:11 am)naimless Wrote: Some friends I haven't seen in a while asked me to come out tonight for a few drinks... it was one of their birthdays recently.

Only problem is I have a free ticket to an online poker tournament that I was planning on playing (I won it last month and it was my biggest win yet).

But I also don't wanna bust out of the tournament early and regret not going out. It'd be a double blow.

Fuck... saying no feels wrong, saying yes feels wrong. What the fuck life. What the fuck.

You could always go out another night. Make up for it with your poker tournament winnings. Wink
"Yes, I am a Free Lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please, and with that right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere. And I have the further right to demand a free and unrestricted exercise of that right, and it is your duty not only to accord it, but as a community, to see I am protected in it. I trust that I am fully understood, for I mean just that, and nothing else."
— Victoria Woodhull, “And the truth shall make you free,” a speech on the principles of social freedom, 1871
(September 6, 2014 at 9:11 am)naimless Wrote: Some friends I haven't seen in a while asked me to come out tonight for a few drinks... it was one of their birthdays recently.

You can go out another night. You can't make the money in a tournament you don't play in.

Me, I'm thinking I should have enlisted more help with today's move. Haven't even picked up the truck yet and my back already hurts.
(September 6, 2014 at 11:11 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Me, I'm thinking I should have enlisted more help with today's move. Haven't even picked up the truck yet and my back already hurts.

So I take it, you managed to find an apartment that suits your needs/desires? (I only read the first page of your apartment hunt thread.)

By the Seahawks logo, I assume you're in Seattle?

I lived in King county a few years ago. Three different towns in 6 months. I couldn't make up my mind.
Trying to decide who's going to be the main villain in my book. Got to be someone who hates the US, on account of the plot. Can't be Syrian or Moroccan 'cos I used them in some other stories. Not Saudi because of Bin Laden. Afghans got no money, ditto Yemen. Iran too obvious. S America is the wrong area. Damn, this is tricky.
(September 6, 2014 at 11:43 am)Keri Wrote:
(September 6, 2014 at 11:11 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Me, I'm thinking I should have enlisted more help with today's move. Haven't even picked up the truck yet and my back already hurts.

So I take it, you managed to find an apartment that suits your needs/desires? (I only read the first page of your apartment hunt thread.)

By the Seahawks logo, I assume you're in Seattle?

I lived in King county a few years ago. Three different towns in 6 months. I couldn't make up my mind.

Not quite - Vancouver. Yep, I found something, not perfect but it'll do for now.

Right now, I'm thinking about glaring at the guy at the rental counter until my truck gets here. I've been waiting for an hour. That'll help, right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone thinking of taking part in Movember? Cod 29 2336 October 29, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Thinking About Trying Online Dating Again - Talk Me Out of It Seraphina 62 6025 July 29, 2016 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Whats going on with Thinking Atheist forum? Brian37 23 4373 July 1, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  British people - Thinking about emigrating... Dystopia 26 4064 August 20, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Thinking of making a mafia game dyresand 1 697 July 15, 2015 at 10:57 am
Last Post: dyresand
  [rant] Gave church 5 months to answer my questions. What was I thinking? IanHulett 3 1498 May 10, 2015 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  After the France incident : a Muslim -me- just thinking.. WinterHold 35 5630 January 15, 2015 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Chas
  Thinking of College....In Germany Lemonvariable72 10 2730 October 11, 2014 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  At any given time, I am thinking about sex! My imaginary friend is GOD 38 6703 September 20, 2014 at 3:31 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  [split] Critical Thinking Skills jstrodel 310 86370 April 3, 2013 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Mystic