Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site changes
Site changes
I've just finished re-organising the site structure and I'd like some feedback on what you like and don't like about it.

Firstly, the new "Site Specific" section contains both Site News and the Questions & Problems forums. This is an area for dealing specifically with site issues (hence the name). The Feedback & Suggestions forum is now a subforum of the Site News forum, but is still accessible from the main page through a link.

I have made a new Member's Area which houses the Introductions forum, as well as Convert's Corner. This area is for talking about yourself and others, which is why it is a separate part of the forum.

The previously named "Atheism" section is now the "Discussion" area, which is home to the Off Topic / General Discussion, Atheism, Religion, Politics & History, Science, Philosophy, and Debate Area forums. This is a big area, but is the main place for discussion on the site. I've noticed a lot of new Philosophy topics springing up, so having a forum dedicated to such a subject seemed logical (hehe...philosophy...logical...moving on).

Finally, the "Miscellaneous" section, for...everything else. Videos, Books, and Quotes now all reside here, as well as a new section for News & Activism.

So, what do you think? Please feel free to hurl abuse, demand the changes be reverted, or make any criticism you feel necessary. Whilst I'm feeling in a "change" mood, suggest further changes to the naming, arranging, or new forums you'd like to see here.

-Adrian
RE: Site changes
Like it, makes more sense, i always felt the layout was a little disjointed. I only use the "show new posts" page now though Smile So not too big of a deal personally.
I barely have time to get past the "your posts" page but I do like what I've seen so far.
Looks good. Likewise I always use the 'todays posts' link.
Agreed. I would also like a filter for "replies in threads in which you have posted." In fact there's probably a way to do that myself but I don't know how...
[Image: Canadatheist3copy.jpg?t=1270015625]
Good work Adrian!

EvF
(January 23, 2010 at 5:38 am)lukec Wrote: Agreed. I would also like a filter for "replies in threads in which you have posted." In fact there's probably a way to do that myself but I don't know how...
That's been around for ages. Click the "Your Posts" link next to "Today's Posts".
Yeah. I come up with that one Tongue

The idea I mean. I did fuck-all actual programming or implementation of any kind lol.

EvF
Yo such a narcissist Evie *sighs*
Overall it looks very good Adrian.

One thing I don't like is the fusion of Off Topic and General Discussion. I've always thought that Off Topic was intended as a section for frivolity and small talk while the General Discussion was intended for more serious business. I don't see why the two should merge.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staff Changes BrianSoddingBoru4 32 6204 November 23, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
Exclamation Forum Changes and Additions Fidel_Castronaut 14 6066 August 31, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  The New Site Tiberius 27 10283 September 4, 2015 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Donation Changes Tiberius 84 9376 May 8, 2015 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Rule Changes + New Restrictions Tiberius 205 40805 November 29, 2013 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Preaching Rule Changes & Punishment Updates Tiberius 15 7348 October 25, 2012 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Forum Migration, Changes, and Other Stuff Tiberius 6 3158 February 27, 2012 at 4:28 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Reputation Changes Tiberius 2 2134 August 15, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Violet
  New Forum Changes Eilonnwy 0 1324 July 1, 2010 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy
  More Site Changes... Tiberius 5 2094 February 16, 2010 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Watson