Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White guilt
White guilt
It often surprises me how many white people seem ashamed of being white. I often feel like people think I'm racist because I'm proud of my own peoples history and heritage, and because I take issue with the glaring flaws of other cultures. But I often feel like that if you ever bring up problems in other cultures ( especially Islam) people just scream racist. Sorry for the rant, but I want to hear the thoughts of others on this.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: White guilt
Native people feel no guilt or shame. Those are control tools of organized religion.
I don't think I even understand how you can feel guilty about your race. You didn't get to chose it. If I was given a choice I'd probably still go with white, though I'd try my best to be born about 200 miles further north.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I'm proud of a lot of things my country did, but not all of them. The fact that the majority of my country is white is irrelevant in that regard. I'm also proud of a lot of things (again, not all of them) Muslims did in the past (particularly the symbols we use for numbers and the astronomical instruments they developed), but the fact that they're Muslim has nothing to do with it either. They were great accomplishments. That's all.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
I wonder if any Christers feel guilty because they know they are Saved and so many others are condemned to eternal torment ??
(September 10, 2014 at 11:09 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: It often surprises me how many white people seem ashamed of being white. I often feel like people think I'm racist because I'm proud of my own peoples history and heritage, and because I take issue with the glaring flaws of other cultures. But I often feel like that if you ever bring up problems in other cultures ( especially Islam) people just scream racist. Sorry for the rant, but I want to hear the thoughts of others on this.

I've noticed that a lot of prejudice in general begins with a person feeling they have been a victim of prejudice.

I've been witness to and seen plenty of documentaries and videos of certain races, religions and cultures doing this.

Some examples are I've heard Muslims claim all media is prejudice against Muslims, why? Because of a jewish conspiracy.
White people who think this are usually affiliated with being nazis and I've seen black people also speaking of zionism. They usually say things like they don't have a problem with jews but they just wish they would stop their global conspiracy of controlling the worlds media and all its money.
Many people think Islam is taking over Europe, white people are worried about becoming a minority race in the USA and that black people get away with more by falsely accusing white people of being racist, which is probably true in some cases while black people believe the police are racist which is also just as true in some cases.

It's funny, you have all these races and cultures supposedly living together in harmony in the same countries yet they all believe the other race is made up of money grabbing, sly manipulators.

As for feeling guilty about being white it's just illogical, every race is pretty much evil and has a history of slavery and war. Some races just have better technology to do it with.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Lol... so OP doesn't understand why people feel guilt about something they couldn't control, but then goes on to say he is proud about something he couldn't control.

Whites are just albino blacks anyway so fuckit.
Watch some Hannity on Fox. He'll cure you Big Grin
Being proud of a default setting is pretty easy. Becoming the kind of person that would cause people to feel pride on your behalf is ultimately more satisfying. Being successful enough that you don't give a fuck is probably as good as it gets, in the end.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(September 10, 2014 at 12:08 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Watch some Hannity on Fox. He'll cure you Big Grin

If I watch any hannity I may go nuts and feel compelled to shoot up the fox news studio. Wouldn't that be ironic?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The White Supremacy. deepend 3 372 March 24, 2022 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet