Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actors for The Doctor
Actors for The Doctor
I know it's a bit early to speculate on who will play the next doctor, but I'd be interested to know what you whovians out there think.

Personally I would go for Simon Pegg
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF04W5kWZLmWlinDO5y5X...6EJOETYshT]

Or maybe Hugh Laurie
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzoPd2cPbhA2Q0-WXOA9J...DQqFHGq4Fs]

What do you think? Post suggestions with photos too please! Have fun!
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
RE: Actors for The Doctor
Hmm interesting question. Hugh Laurie would be cool!

The comedy of Simon Pegg must include Nick Frost!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Peter Sellers

Laurence Olivier

Richard Briers

Any other dead actors you can think of.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think Hugh Laurie said he wasn't going to do TV after House ended. Simon Pegg would be cool (and he'd love it too). I would love to see Bill Nighy, Andrew Scott, or possibly Richard Madden (I think he was one of the rumours for Matt Smith's replacement). On the other hand, maybe they could go with a female doctor to shake things up Tongue
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
I can't see Bill Nighy doing it, and I think Scott and Madden are too young. I don't think anyone wants another young doctor so soon.

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Cumberbatch (the whole logic association from SH)
Mark Addy (never had a chunky doctor)
Michelle Ryan (female doctor?)
Its the same thing with Cumberbatch though, we can't have another young doctor so soon. Plus, if he did land the job, I think the internet would explode.
With Addy, you can't have a fat doctor because of all the running he does. If he started off fat, he'd end up thin by the end of the series.
And a female doctor? Really? We're just going to break the 13 combo streak of masculinity? But it still would be an interesting development.

(September 15, 2014 at 7:28 am)Bad Wolf Wrote: With Addy, you can't have a fat doctor because of all the running he does. If he started off fat, he'd end up thin by the end of the series.

The doctor doesn't have to run, he never used to, could you imagine what would have happened if william hartnell was required to do loads of running? He would have regenerated by the end of the episode!
Ah but that was old doctor who. Rebooted was all about running. But maybe you're right, I don't know how much running Capaldi is going to do, he's not old but he's not young either and all the other doctors seemed to do a lot of running.

[Image: Doctor+Who+Gif+Dump.+For+everyone+who+wa...256258.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A tale of American healthcare as told through one Doctor visit Figbash 14 1642 December 7, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Went back to the doctor today Foxaèr 22 1570 October 9, 2018 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Think We Have A Female Doctor Here. Minimalist 11 1316 September 3, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My doctor asked me to pray. Jehanne 146 17935 April 3, 2016 at 6:20 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  The new Doctor Bad Wolf 26 3199 February 1, 2014 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: yoshirama
Exclamation Why the new 'Doctor Who' irritates me Cyberman 13 2283 October 11, 2011 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Violet