Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tired of just Surviving?
Tired of just Surviving?
It is just me or why is life in the US just getting harder and harder. I feel as if life is just on struggle to the next, with the advent of medical help being expensive to everything else being expensive, is there anyone else here just tired of surviving?
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: Tired of just Surviving?
Man, I could tell you some shit. I agree. I often think back to the times when it was possible for one person to work 8 hours a day and feed a family of 4.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I work a job that pays 17/hr and I am still struggling....and most of it is fucking medical bills, insurance and rent!!! Also, not to mention due to the fact is it hard to live life it makes relationships harder and depression worse. Sorry to rant, but I mean I seriously cannot be the in the minority.

(September 16, 2014 at 10:58 am)Exian Wrote: Man, I could tell you some shit. I agree. I often think back to the times when it was possible for one person to work 8 hours a day and feed a family of 4.
You can still do that, if you're a field worker. Course, you may have food enough for 4, but whether or not you can then afford a table to put it on is another matter.....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
We tend to spend more of our income on cell phones, internet, and premium TV. The percentage of the average income you need to spend on real necessities is about the same.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I must be lucky or just damned good because I'm making more money now than I ever have. I don't think twice before I buy something unless it a major purchase.
Lol I do not have internet, TV or pay for my cell phone XD.

As long as 'mericuns' keep electing criminals, detards, retards, buffoons, dweebs, twits, crooks, and the criminally insane to Congress, nothing will change.
Yea I know right....sigh

(September 16, 2014 at 10:53 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: It is just me or why is life in the US just getting harder and harder. I feel as if life is just on struggle to the next, with the advent of medical help being expensive to everything else being expensive, is there anyone else here just tired of surviving?

One ongoing project I have been working on is simplifying my life and reducing my living expenses. I make good money, and by any reasonable measure, I shouldn't run out of disposable income before I get to the next payday. Yet, I always seemed to.

I do know that my real income hasn't kept up with the cost of living, more and more of it is eaten up by health care premiums and the like.

Little things add up. I stopped paying for parking downtown ($12-14/day), and started taking the bus (free), and parking either at my girlfriend's place (free), or at a lot a mile from work ($3/day) and taking the bus (free, I get a transit pass from work). This has saved me at least a $200/month.

I used to get a lot of take out food for lunch at work and dinner at home. Bringing my own lunch an average of 2.5 days a week saves about $100/month. I don't have a good handle on what preparing dinner at home has saved, but it's substantial, hundreds per month. There's some non-intuitive savings from doing this as well - I waste substantially less food, and I actually make fewer trips to the grocery store (it didn't pay to buy for more than a day when you don't know if you're going to be home to actually use the food - so every time I wanted to cook, I'd have to buy perishables - some of which would get wasted, and there's the cost of fuel).

Cutting back on drinking at the pub from 3-4 nights a week to 1 night a week saves about $150/month. I still drink - at home.

When I moved, I reduced my cable TV package - saved almost $100/month by doing so.

I don't feel that my standard of living has been reduced in any meaningful way by doing any of these things.

None of this is to say that the cost of living hasn't risen. It has, and it seems like around every corner is one huckster or another wanting to suck more money out of our wallets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired BrokenQuill92 9 579 March 14, 2020 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  I'm tired of being triggered by religion purplepurpose 8 1125 June 4, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  People surviving being swallowed by giant creature. Chad32 14 2463 May 17, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Tired All The Time Without Coffee Edwardo Piet 52 5596 August 30, 2017 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2104 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired? EruptedCarcassBloat 9 1512 October 11, 2016 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  What are you tired of? Foxaèr 38 4443 July 16, 2015 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  I never get tired of hearing Ricky's story. Brian37 0 1002 May 15, 2013 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Brian37