Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Rights law..
Human Rights law..
We've got this wrong..

WE allow a man who's murdered 3 people the right to remain in their adopted country, because they have the right to family life...

And yet we allow countries to kill people for not believing in a deity!
RE: Human Rights law..
Was this guy a citizen of your country?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 17, 2014 at 6:24 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Was this guy a citizen of your country?

Does it matter when you don't know my country?
It would matter regarding what options your country did and did not have in handling him, yeah.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
We're talking the European court of human rights, and someone established in the UK - but it's irrelavent to discuss where thy are from
The UK declined to extradite a man accused (presumably somewhere in the EU?)of murdering 3 people on the grounds that he deserved a family life?
You are a spoiler machine... let's let others debate it or not.....
(September 17, 2014 at 6:36 pm)lifesagift Wrote: You are a spoiler machine... let's let others debate it or not.....

Honestly, lifes - this is NOT a shot, I'm NOT gigging you...but could you possibly provide a link to link to the story you're talking about? People might be able to respond more fully if they knew the details.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
LOL< well, people can debate it all they want but link the story so I can read it. That sounds really odd, and I can't seem to find it on google.
(September 17, 2014 at 6:19 pm)lifesagift Wrote: We've got this wrong..

WE allow a man who's murdered 3 people the right to remain in their adopted country, because they have the right to family life...

And yet we allow countries to kill people for not believing in a deity!

What does one action have to do with the other? What principle is being contradicted?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The hearings and a matter of law. Brian37 0 222 June 29, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4372 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  LAW and CIVILIZATION senorlegalo 64 4849 January 19, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Civil Rights. Gawdzilla Sama 12 922 October 20, 2020 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2532 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
  U.S. withdrawing from UN Human Rights Council? Foxaèr 26 2975 June 23, 2018 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Joods
  The Rights disdain of Hillary, where does it come from? GODZILLA 89 11822 March 21, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3403 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Athiestforum.org is a terrorist hole; accrding to new Saudi law. Human Rights Watch WinterHold 16 3212 November 24, 2017 at 5:51 pm
  Trump Administration quietly rolling back civil rights efforts Foxaèr 4 1450 June 17, 2017 at 12:32 am
Last Post: vorlon13