Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist historical figure you should know.
Atheist historical figure you should know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_d'Holbach
RE: Atheist historical figure you should know.
Quote:The materialistic philosophy of Baron d'Holbach had an influence in the historical materialism of Karl Marx

That's all the shitstains have to hear!
(September 19, 2014 at 11:55 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The materialistic philosophy of Baron d'Holbach had an influence in the historical materialism of Karl Marx

That's all the shitstains have to hear!

Um who is talking about his economic views here. I was posting it because of his views on the natural world.
(September 19, 2014 at 11:58 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 19, 2014 at 11:55 am)Minimalist Wrote: That's all the shitstains have to hear!

Um who is talking about his economic views here. I was posting it because of his views on the natural world.

Karl Marx wasn't just an economist..
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(September 19, 2014 at 11:58 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 19, 2014 at 11:55 am)Minimalist Wrote: That's all the shitstains have to hear!

Do try to remember that you are talking about the FOX News crowd. All they have to hear is "atheist" and "Karl Marx" in the same sentence and they'll run their fucking mouths for a hour and half straight.... even if they aren't sure who Karl Marx is.
(September 19, 2014 at 12:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(September 19, 2014 at 11:58 am)Brian37 Wrote: Um who is talking about his economic views here. I was posting it because of his views on the natural world.

Do try to remember that you are talking about the FOX News crowd. All they have to hear is "atheist" and "Karl Marx" in the same sentence and they'll run their fucking mouths for a hour and half straight.... even if they aren't sure who Karl Marx is.

Especially if that means they can link it to Obama, which links him to muslims, and atheists, and communists.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Marx had SOME good ideas, but the problem I have with ALL economic views is that life is diverse and you cannot slap a blanket solution onto a complex species. He was simply the opposite of Ayn Rand's "fuck you I got mine" crap.

Economics is as simple as the more people who are stable the more stable that society is. Cutting vs spending is a matter of timing not a matter of a blanket solution.

I am neither for "No rules" Libertarians and rethuglicans want. But I would never want to employ Che's revolution and become Cuba either.
No "ism" has all the answers. Even capitalism.
(September 19, 2014 at 12:26 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No "ism" has all the answers. Even capitalism.

"Captialism" as others may have heard me say before, is NOT a form of government. There is not one government friend or foe that does not invest in the global market. The Saudi Royal Family owns oil companies and stock in banks and weapons. China's communist party keeps it's monopoly on party power by allowing western businesses to exist there so they can make money making cheep crap on slave wages. Gadaffi was a billionaire who owned stock in GE.

What matters is preventing monopolies of power. Wealth becomes a plutocracy no matter if the system is open or closed.
Quote:"Captialism" as others may have heard me say before, is NOT a form of government.

I'm watching The Roosevelts on PBS right now and it amazing how little has changed since T.R. and F.D.R. Then, as now, a small cabal of rich motherfuckers is trying to manipulate the government for their own benefit. They had succeeded before Teddy came along and they are succeeding again. Until people wake up to what they are doing "capitalism" will remain a very effective...if criminal...form of 'government' even if it is nothing but a smokescreen for greed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Historical events turn into movies Fake Messiah 43 3070 October 21, 2023 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  historical quote/s altered or not the original?(amemrican goverment) Quill01 5 1032 July 25, 2022 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  An Historical Perspective BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1540 June 18, 2019 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  How much do you know about the raid on Pearl Harbor? Gawdzilla Sama 43 3480 December 15, 2018 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Possibly the Best Historical Analogy for The WLB To Date Minimalist 6 1013 January 30, 2017 at 9:18 am
Last Post: paulpablo
Lightbulb Who's Your Favorite Historical Figure? thesummerqueen 152 12276 November 10, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Historical characters you admire Macoleco 52 4629 November 3, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Quest for the Historical Paul Minimalist 44 7554 May 18, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Historical Standpoint Blondie 30 4579 October 22, 2015 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  In case you didn't know. Brian37 13 2672 September 25, 2014 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist