Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Research
Facebook Research
I'm trying to do research on the views of Libyan society when it comes to many things and those of the government when it comes to law.
I don't know how to do the latter but I got ideas for the first.

I'm thinking of making a new email address and a Facebook page that is mostly fun but sometimes serious so that I can do polls.
A major issue is that I'm not really a funny person and I don't think most Libyans will get my jokes, so I'm thinking of a collaboration with someone else to keep it more diverse.

Do you think this is a good idea? And what are the alternatives?
My goal is to see how receptive Libyans are of LGBT rights and atheism.
RE: Facebook Research
Don't you live in Libya? I mean if you are going to ask random people on facebook through some page that is self selective can't you just ask people in real life. Also isn't this somewhat dangerous considering the current political climate there? I don't know.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Project aborted.
I found enough posts with comments like: stupid prayers, threats of hell, death threats and rape threats and sex offers (a female atheist was flooded by them, for some reason people think that atheists have "indecent" relationships with anything)

And comments like this:the fact that people criticise Islam is proof that Islam is the truth.
Shit, I'd have an "indecent relationship" with almost anyone.
I'd at least appreciate getting indecent proposals to consider.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As Seen on Facebook . . . Shell B 289 26515 August 10, 2021 at 10:19 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What is Facebook and do you find it valuable Rhizomorph13 22 1240 July 29, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  MedinCell Has Launched a Research Initiative to Formulate Injectable Ivermectin Megabullshit 0 249 April 7, 2020 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Let's heathenize facebook Foxaèr 8 1025 March 21, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Minds, Facebook alternative Foxaèr 0 621 July 28, 2017 at 9:34 am
  Uh-oh, maybe Facebook is finally gone Foxaèr 7 1551 June 16, 2017 at 10:02 am
  Help me with research! racingboo 0 260 October 12, 2016 at 7:41 am
Last Post: racingboo
  Facebook Expired 63 4093 July 17, 2016 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Can Facebook be a dick? Foxaèr 17 1706 May 24, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Panic: my mom showed up in the suggested people on my fake facebook DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 29 4111 December 8, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Alex K