Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction with Secular Atheist
Introduction with Secular Atheist
I'm new to this forum and would like to thank the moderators for making this possible. I am TeeJay, and I've been an atheist for about 3 years now. I've designed presentations about the subject which has my worldview, experiences, and conversion covered. I will take a few points from my transcript of "Why I'm an Atheist."

- I am an atheist because the ideologies of Christianity are the same as Sumerian, Pagan and Egyptian culture. Ziusudra is the Sumerian version of Noah at the Ark or the Great Flood. The story of this Sumerian king dates back to the 17th Century BC which pre-dates the Christian version something fierce. The Sumerians wrote on tablets and the initial parts entailed the creation of man, animals, and cities. On a missing section of the tablet the Sumerians learned that the gods were planning to destroy humanity by means of flooding the planet. The underworld sea of fresh water god Enki warns Ziusudra to build a great boat. Sound familiar? Easter was “passed down” from the pegan Anglo-saxon goddess Eostre. They honored Eostre with feast traditions and when the tradition had timed out, it was replaced by Christianity and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

- Because of human depravity. According to Christians and the Bible if I don't believe in the God of the Bible and accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and only savior, I will suffer unbearable, unfathomable, relentless torment for all of eternity. When you are born you are systematically a sinful person and without submitting yourself to this doctrine you are demonized, shunned, and in extreme cases considered immoral. My morality was obtained via observational scrutiny of the consequences of the action. If the action inflicted harm, suffering, pain, or diminished the well being of another person I deemed it immoral. If the action promoted happiness, well being, and diminished any kind of harm, suffering or well being, I deemed it moral. No holy text was needed in this decision only rational inquiry and logical reasoning.

As far as promoting my YouTube channel, one moderator told me I need X amount of "points", X amount of posts, and 30 days a member on the forum.
RE: Introduction with Secular Atheist
Welcome T-Jay
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(September 28, 2014 at 7:02 pm)Secular Atheist Wrote:

As far as promoting my YouTube channel, one moderator told me I need X amount of "points", X amount of posts, and 30 days a member on the forum.

Welcome, TJ Smile

You need thirty posts and thirty days under your belt before you can self-promote. I'm not sure where you got the "points" thing.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
Hello, Sec-Ath. Anyone who knows about Ziusudra has a lot on the ball.
(September 28, 2014 at 7:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Hello, Sec-Ath. Anyone who knows about Ziusudra has a lot on the ball.

Thanks, I've done my research.
Hello and welcome to the forums!
Very interesting intro. :-)
Welcome.

Look out for Deirdre - she's trouble!

Angel
Dying to live, living to die.
Hellooooooo

My atheism is based in similar research.

Welcome!
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 733 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 972 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1955 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1411 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3976 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2270 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 2003 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1164 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 978 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2902 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2