Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Beers, Commercial and Craft
Favorite Beers, Commercial and Craft
I'll start...

Commercial: Anchor Steam - I think it has light mouth feel and great balance of flavor.

Craft: Modus Hoperandi - This is an IPA with something in its pants.
RE: Favorite Beers, Commercial and Craft
[Image: beer_2228.jpg]

and

[Image: Cheap-Liquor-Redds-apple-ale.jpg]

Not a huge beer enthusiast, but every now and then, I like one.
Grolsch.

Best beer on the planet.

Though Steinlager Pure is pretty damned good.
Dying to live, living to die.
I don't really drink commercial beer. Mike's hard lemonade is about as close as I get. I wouldn't turn my nose up to a commercial beer if I was hot and thirsty, though.

Favorite craft beer. I can only pick one? North Coast Old Stock - but there's a lot of close seconds, Eel River Triple Exultation and their Imperial Stout (who's name escapes me), Old Rasputin, and damn near anything malty aged on bourbon, as well as nearly any German Dopplebock. Oh and Boneyard Suge Knight.
I don't drink commercial beers too often, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Or Becks. Or Michelob Amber Bock.

Favorite craft beer? Easy. Boulevard's The Sixth Glass. It's a Quad that will blow you away. Eat some Smoked Gouda with it, and you will experience Mouthgasm.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm more of a spirits man, but I am quite partial to a pint or several of bitter. Banks's for preference, being a Midlander. I drink Guinness mainly though; 'mainly' meaning around Shell, since she hates when I get on the vodka and/or rum. Can't honestly think why - I'm really a placid drunk, when I do get drunk (which surprisingly isn't as often as people think). Meanwhile she's on the Bailey's, like Sam before her, essentially a double scotch with cream. There's no justice.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Timothy Taylors Landlord bitter, or maybe Doom Bar (great as draught beer, terrible when bottled - based on a sample of 1)

I will be off to the colonies next week to see if beer has made the trip across the pond, I hear good stories about micro breweries in the USA, not sure about Canadian beer... will have to do some serious research!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Favorite commercial: moose head dry ice

Favorite craft: propeller London style Porter
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I don't know where you draw the line between craft and commercial.

[Image: SamSmithOatmealStout-500x500.jpg]

[Image: SG.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Hands down one of the best, mildest pils type beers in Germany,

[Image: tannenzaepfle-1758.jpg]

They have great water and criminally small bottles.
Staying close to home, I love darker, slightly malty and not too hoppy beers, such as this one

[Image: l_fld38_aktien_landbier_fraenkisch_dunkel.jpg]

In the not really beer category, from our funny friends right 'cross the border, there's this

[Image: gouden-carolus-classic.jpg]

The only big commercial American beer I have liked was Sam Adams. There have been so many microbrews popping up lately that I really don't know what's what any more. They tend to be incredibly hoppy, which I like when I visit, but can only take for so long before I long for a more Bavarian Helles style one. I think when I was living on Long Island, we had this one
[Image: Blue-Point-Brewing-Logo.jpg]
and also Blue Moon. What's with all the blue?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Peeves with commercial marketing. Brian37 17 1645 July 30, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Favorite AF members and why Excited Penguin 42 3730 November 15, 2016 at 5:33 am
Last Post: Joods
  The Craft Beer Revolution Polaris 67 8225 June 7, 2015 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Favorite characters, and beyond.... Angrboda 66 29688 July 6, 2012 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Your favorite thing and a purple dragon. Violet 20 9458 April 13, 2011 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Tebow Commercial Zhalentine 4 1970 February 8, 2010 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Zhalentine
  Visiting America, or "the reason I hate commercial flying". leo-rcc 3 2123 February 9, 2009 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy