Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horror movies are CRAP!
Horror movies are CRAP!
I have desperatly been looking for a good horror movie (suggestions would be nice)

But recently I discovered The Mirrors. And it scared the hell out of me.

When I was a little boy, I wondered if I ever moved away from the screen the reflection would still be there staring back as if it wasn't me.

This is what happened in the movie...but it involved dying.

It hit all my buttons and I liked it...sort've.

However in the modern world are we so used to seeing blood, guts, gore etc that we can watch hours of nothing but sheer terror and not be bothered by it?
RE: Horror movies are CRAP!
If you want a film that will make you cringe then any of the 'Left Behind' series...

But seriously folks...

I used to love horror films but we have now become so de-sensitised that they no longer mean anything. My daughter saw Sweeny Todd the other day and didn't bat an eyelid. In the old days I used to like films like, The Thing, Re-Animator, Chopping Mall, C.H.U.D., the House series etc.

But these days I prefer a good ol Sci-Fi epic along with gems like K-Pax and The Man from Earth.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Ghost busters ruined horror films for me. Now I only see computer generated effects and laughable bogey men.
I only see the clichés - people walk around a room without turning the light on etc etc

Horror movies are crap.

Films like The Killing Fields, Sophies Choice, Schindlers List - now there's horror.

Films like Indiana Jones and the Complete Shite, Titanic, Chicago, Top Gun, Pretty Woman - now there's horror. I'd do anything rather than watch those again.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
I liked Top Gun, if only for the fast jets...
(August 27, 2008 at 5:52 am)StewartP Wrote: Ghost busters ruined horror films for me. Now I only see computer generated effects and laughable bogey men.
I only see the clichés - people walk around a room without turning the light on etc etc

Horror movies are crap.

Films like The Killing Fields, Sophies Choice, Schindlers List - now there's horror.

Films like Indiana Jones and the Complete Shite, Titanic, Chicago, Top Gun, Pretty Woman - now there's horror. I'd do anything rather than watch those again.

I completely agree.

Like Aliend VS. Predator 2 was just.......I'm glad I didn't pay to see it but I regret the time wasted.

However, you seem to have mistaken shit movies, for horror movies.
I hate Top Gun!!! Its so American Empire!! and they were fighting Russian mig-23's I think, when mig-29's were the standard Russian fighter jets and are so much better than any of the American ones at the time! Obviously it helps being Russian to know something as irrelevant as that.
(August 27, 2008 at 8:02 am)Boulat Wrote: I hate Top Gun!!! Its so American Empire!! and they were fighting Russian mig-23's I think, when mig-29's were the standard Russian fighter jets and are so much better than any of the American ones at the time! Obviously it helps being Russian to know something as irrelevant as that.

America has some pretty dangerous fighters.

But then again everyone would fear an invisible bomber no one can shoot down.
I love top gun. Mainly because of it's music and the aircrafts.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(August 27, 2008 at 8:06 am)Ace Wrote: I love top gun. Mainly because of it's music and the aircrafts.

Terrible movie, terrible actors with cheap special effects.
(August 27, 2008 at 10:12 am)Brick-top Wrote:
(August 27, 2008 at 8:06 am)Ace Wrote: I love top gun. Mainly because of it's music and the aircrafts.

Terrible movie, terrible actors with cheap special effects.

It's not the movie, it's not the actors, It's not even special effects that I enjoy. It's the music and the aircrafts. I've piloted aircrafts and I have a huge interest in aviation.

It's the aircrafts that I enjoy watching.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1529 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What Kind Of Horror Do You Like ? The Architect Of Fate 43 1615 October 20, 2021 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 789 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Super hero movies sucks Sanau 7 558 March 29, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  When you're crap at etymology... Gawdzilla Sama 2 244 August 23, 2018 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why are children allowed to act in TV shows/movies? Alexmahone 10 2497 May 27, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  What I learned from watching 3 movies. Gawdzilla Sama 2 362 May 2, 2018 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What Are Your Favorite Classic Films/Movies? Kernel Sohcahtoa 6 1401 October 11, 2016 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Who Are Your Favorite Fictional Characters (tv, movies, literature etc.)? Kernel Sohcahtoa 93 8453 September 20, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  AF Hall of Horror Foxaèr 32 3305 July 18, 2016 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist