Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiments that demonstrate creationism.
Experiments that demonstrate creationism.
So there is this website called http://www.evolutionnews.org

And one would assume that is a site filled with a bunch of evolutionary facts and data to support evolution. But hey guess what. Its actually the other way around. It's a bunch of (apparently scientific) data to debunk atheistm. Is filled with articles like:

Evolutionary Studies Suggest that Atheists, Whatever They Say to the Contrary, Really Do Believe in God

Nature Admits Scientists Suppress Criticisms of Neo-Darwinism to Avoid Lending Support to Intelligent Design

Intelligent Design's Secret Weapon: The World

Here Is the Question to Ask Your Friends Who Are Theistic Evolutionists

The "New Atheism" Has a Problem with Women

And this site if full of bibliographical and background data so is not the typical creationists mumbo jumbo.

I have a feeling that this website is gonna give us a hard time(and some migraines) in the future.

So tell me have you heard this website? And for those of you who hasn't be prepared because you might will.

RE: Experiments that demonstrate creationism.
They might dress their arguments up with all they want, but the core of their belief remains the most stupid and blatant argument for ignorance and personal incredulity ever conceived.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
And how the last item irks me. Not only because it's blatantly dishonest on their side.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 9, 2014 at 3:41 am)Alex K Wrote: And how the last item irks me. Not only because it's blatantly dishonest on their side.

The first one is likewise: it's a supposedly scientific piece of research, yet it was written by a journalist who was stretching the definition of religious belief well beyond its limitations. Apparently, having an internal monologue or enjoying happy endings in narratives are signs of religious faith, so long as it can all be spun into that tired old canard, "atheist secretly believe in god!" Rolleyes

Actually, the whole site is like that; when it's not misinterpreting scientific findings to spin them into religious confirmation, they're representing bad sources- or no sources at all, in the case of amateur writing from non-scientists- as good ones. The entire operation relies on you not fact checking even a little bit.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
FFS, how many times can they rehash the same garbage?

(a) Trashing science does not prove religion
(b) Trashing atheists does not prove religion
© Intelligent design only "proves" some sort of creator, not any specific one (and actually proves nothing at all)
(d) There can be no proof or obvious demonstration of god. If there was, faith would not needed, yet faith is the foundation of religion. So stop trying to prove there is a god, you only make yourself look stupid in a double whammy way.

I not only don't believe in "god", I know for a fact that the gods generally described by christians and muslims cannot even logically exist. I've challenged god to reveal himself to me, I've shouted abuse at him, I've said I will kick his arse, and I've told him exactly what he needs to do. Just to prove a stupid point that I am talking to nothing at all. I am literally more scared about opening my post than in "god".
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 9, 2014 at 3:54 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(October 9, 2014 at 3:41 am)Alex K Wrote: And how the last item irks me. Not only because it's blatantly dishonest on their side.

The first one is likewise: it's a supposedly scientific piece of research, yet it was written by a journalist who was stretching the definition of religious belief well beyond its limitations. Apparently, having an internal monologue or enjoying happy endings in narratives are signs of religious faith, so long as it can all be spun into that tired old canard, "atheist secretly believe in god!" Rolleyes

Yeah, that one is just as insulting as it is old.
What it boils down to for me is - when I'm sitting in a room alone, do I feel watched? When I think thoughts, do I feel that they are observed by someone or even act (and think) as if they were? No, I don't, and that's that.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(October 9, 2014 at 4:16 am)Alex K Wrote: Yeah, that one is just as insulting as it is old.
What it boils down to for me is - when I'm sitting in a room alone, do I feel watched? When I think thoughts, do I feel that they are observed by someone or even act (and think) as if they were? No, I don't, and that's that.

Come now Alex, surely you can see that some random creationist on the internet, who has never met you, is much more empowered to know what you believe than you are! Angel
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(October 9, 2014 at 4:46 am)Esquilax Wrote:

Come now Alex, surely you can see that some random creationist on the internet, who has never met you, is much more empowered to know what you believe than you are! Angel

Well, they get their infos directly from the backchannel up on high, so, yeah..

"Evolutionary Studies Suggest that Atheists..."

and I immediately stopped giving a fuck.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 9, 2014 at 6:23 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: "Evolutionary Studies Suggest that Atheists..."

and I immediately stopped giving a fuck.

Haha, yeah, sounds like someone desperately wants to have it both ways Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution and Creationism PerennialPhilosophy 33 4708 March 23, 2016 at 2:57 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What's up with creationism? bussta33 104 9005 January 23, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  why creationism doesn't work. dyresand 4 1667 November 17, 2014 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Young Earth creationism Baqal 33 4512 July 10, 2014 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  An original argument against creationism Nerd 52 15828 March 20, 2013 at 6:57 am
Last Post: smax
  Anti Creationism Argumentative Paper. jess_essential 16 9102 April 27, 2012 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Science experiments - Atheist views? Diamond-Deist 14 4159 September 8, 2011 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Diamond-Deist
  How should science deal with creationism? Darwinian 16 6704 September 8, 2009 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet