Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do politicians apologise for islam?
Why do politicians apologise for islam?
"not the true islam"? why do big leaders lie?

Islam is a hugely broad brush.... at one end, we have lovely people loving their god, praying and living normal lives in normal societies, but at the other we have people reading other verses of the same book and wreaking havoc...

Why can't political leaders' advisors get a grip and make the most influential people in the world look like they have a clue?

Too often we hear that IS are not true muslims..... oh f*ck they are !! they are the truest...

Obama and he crew need to move the debate on 4 or 5 notches !!!
RE: Why do politicians apologise for islam?
Quote:Obama and he crew need to move the debate on 4 or 5 notches !!!

To what end, exactly?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm not fond of Islam, either, but I think this is actually a shrewd political move for them. The people in the Middle East already hate us; we don't need our political leaders fanning that flame.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Maybe I didn't make it clear... one end of islam is beautiful, and makes a huge contribution to the world. But the other end of islam (i.e. the arse end) is still islam, and wants to see you dead..!! So if you're reading this, islam wants you dead !

Now that's not my most PC post ever, but why should it need to be?

And Obama needs to stop avoiding the worst of islam and help the good muslim world to divorce itself from the bad, and not just deny it !
We need to use Taqiyya to fight Islam Big Grin

and I think making knowledge of western languages more common would make it better (look at Lebanon and Tunisia)
(October 11, 2014 at 7:15 pm)lifesagift Wrote: "not the true islam"? why do big leaders lie?

Why can't political leaders' advisors get a grip and make the most influential people in the world look like they have a clue?

To pander to the Muslim voter base.
(October 11, 2014 at 7:15 pm)lifesagift Wrote: "not the true islam"? why do big leaders lie? ...

Too often we hear that IS are not true muslims..... oh f*ck they are !! they are the truest...

Obama and he crew need to move the debate on 4 or 5 notches !!!
Maybe because the logical conclusion of admitting that Islam is not a religion of peace is (a) acknowledgement that the Western world has been led by demented numbskulls for decades and (b) it would require us to (1) stop Muslim immigration and (2) take some serious measures to limit the spread of Islam within the West. Given that 9.9 degree of difficulty, it just gets swept under the rug.

Plus Obama does seem like an ACTUAL demented numbskull, so he might actually believe his own rhetoric: "So I have known Islam on three continents..." blah blah blah.
(October 11, 2014 at 7:28 pm)lifesagift Wrote: Maybe I didn't make it clear... one end of islam is beautiful, and makes a huge contribution to the world. But the other end of islam (i.e. the arse end) is still islam, and wants to see you dead..!! So if you're reading this, islam wants you dead !

Now that's not my most PC post ever, but why should it need to be?

And Obama needs to stop avoiding the worst of islam and help the good muslim world to divorce itself from the bad, and not just deny it !

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the world's billion-plus Muslims don't have anything to do with murderous extremists. Just as WBC isn't representative of Christians in general, and ALF isn't representative of animal-rights activists, IS isn't representative of anything beyond its membership.

Because politicians tend to be all things to all people.
The opposite of a statesman.
(October 11, 2014 at 9:10 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: IS isn't representative of anything beyond its membership.
Have you actually read the biography of Mohammed?

https://archive.org/stream/TheLifeOfMoha..._Guillaume

[Image: RF9pmF.png]
There's an awful lot of battles, raids, and attacks here. It's not exactly the same as Jesus "love your neighbour" is it?

The prophet Mohammed commanded 65 military campaigns, and fought in 27 of them. Can't recall how many battles Jesus fought in... oh yeah, it was none! (Not that I'm defending Christianity, just pointing out that apples ain't oranges).

[Image: TCX7Qv.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion? Eclectic 85 7482 November 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7777 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  This is why islam is vomitously evil. Brakeman 41 4913 January 21, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Why do Atheists defend Islam? Mechaghostman2 260 40036 January 15, 2016 at 9:17 am
Last Post: Dasboot
  Why homosexuality is forbidden in islam huss88ein 133 16235 July 20, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Why are so many people afraid to attack Islam? hilary 16 4392 July 20, 2015 at 8:47 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5437 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  If Islam is a religion of peace why did it expand through military conquests? Sword of Christ 55 18384 February 26, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Why Islam will fail long term. Brian37 14 5157 November 12, 2013 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33710 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet