Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovery
Recovery
Hey

I've been at the hospital since last October, so it's been a about a year now that I've been at hospitalized. It was starting December I took part of a recovery program. To be honest, I was doing at first better then I'm doing now. I have a hard time doing things. I'm auditing three courses right now so that I can take courses in January and be all caught up, but I haven't been on top of things, and there is a lot of homework to be done.

I was hoping this thread might encourage me to do things. I will put things that I did through out the day and record it. Talk about my feelings/anxiety/energy level and state of well being.

I've gained a lot of weight being on a new medication since they discovered I was bipolar as well and not just schizophrenic, and I want to get back to my fit self as well.
RE: Recovery
Good luck! *hugs*
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I forgot to say I'm discharged now and I'm really nervous about whether or not I'll change my life for the better this time.
(October 17, 2014 at 9:20 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I forgot to say I'm discharged now and I'm really nervous about whether or not I'll change my life for the better this time.

I've been on some meds for a while now myself after being in the hospital for a long stay myself. Regardless of any ideological differences, I genuinely hope you get healthy and happy.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I really want to do things right this time around. It's late right now, but tomorrow I hope to the do following:

1) Clean up my room
2) Register for the gym near bye
3) Run for 20 mins
3) Get an assignment done in the computer science course I'm auditing
Go go mystic Smile
Heyas --

It's good to list the things you want to do. Break them down into doable sections, and start chewing.

One of the best ways to move the needle on your self-esteem/place-in-life/insecurity issues is simply to take action. Being able to point to small victories can lead to bigger ones.

I'm beginning my own changes, too, out of unhappiness with who and where I am and the emotional turmoil I'm causing for people I love. I'll definitely have an ear for you when you need it, bud.

That's excellent advice, Thump. Set realistic goals, break them up into manageable chunks, and move forward towards those goals.

To that I'll add this: don't let setbacks discourage you, and be good to yourself.

I wish you all the best, MK.
(October 17, 2014 at 11:51 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: To that I'll add this: don't let setbacks discourage you, and be good to yourself.

Yep. We're not perfect, the path isn't going to be smooth, and (gosh, I've been wanting to use this image for a couple of years!) you don't want to be this guy:

[Image: 2lxgrc.jpg]

You better do that stuff, we be watching! Smile
Best of luck anyways. This mirrors some of the things I need to get in order as well, so I can relate a little bit at least.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Substance Abuse Recovery Thread Thumpalumpacus 223 20461 November 15, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: brewer