Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on professional help
Question on professional help
I was talking to an old friend (60+ years being buddies) this morning and told him about the suggestion here of seeking professional help.

Butch said, "They want you to go to a bartender."
RE: Question on professional help
Oh gawds, no. Please don't start drinking, prof.
hmm not a bad idea, after all you are well beyond other forms of help, maybe getting drunk will help gain temporary sanity. Good Luck!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I'd suggest a librarian, but I've seen what you can do with google and YouTube. Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I'd recommend a few college courses: logic; statistics, historiography.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(October 18, 2014 at 11:37 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: Oh gawds, no. Please don't start drinking, prof.
What, you think he'd get worse? LOL, how? Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's too late I have already have had at least 4 beers this year.
Care to join me?
Did you have them all and once and right before coming up with your prediction? I'd have a beer with you but I'm not joining you on any large wooden boats.
(October 18, 2014 at 11:37 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: Oh gawds, no. Please don't start drinking, prof.

But I think he would be good tending bars.

(October 18, 2014 at 12:06 pm)Jenny A Wrote: I'd recommend a few college courses: logic; statistics, historiography.

Still trying to teach old dog new tricks?
(October 18, 2014 at 1:36 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(October 18, 2014 at 12:06 pm)Jenny A Wrote: I'd recommend a few college courses: logic; statistics, historiography.

Still trying to teach old dog new tricks?

It's like shadow boxing. Amusing to the boxer, but ultimately pointless.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.