Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dems need to do better and can do better.
Dems need to do better and can do better.
There are some things Dems need to do better to win in every election long term. Most important is to do better getting to the polls in every election every year, year in and year out.

But two other important things our politicians in our adds need to change, and even in policy making. We need to take away the GOP narrative that Dems hate the private sector. We hate the current pay gap and cost of living, not the private sector, just it's monopoly on lawmaking. And the GOP narrative that we are weak on national defense.

I am tired of the stupid fucking idea that if you don't want to be at war decade after decade, that somehow we are wimps and anti patriotic.Using war and Veterans as hostages to get into wars is sick. Our military is needed, no one disputes that. But we have since WW2 gotten into wars with no strategy and no plan to get out. I know we can improve our Country without allowing the GOP to control the conversation.
RE: Dems need to do better and can do better.
Those of us socially liberal and fiscally conservative find both parties abhorrent.
(October 23, 2014 at 9:22 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Those of us socially liberal and fiscally conservative find both parties abhorrent.
I agree both parties suck, they tell us one thing and do another.

How can someone be socially liberal and fiscally conservative? To me that says that they agree we need to change how we treat our fellow man and not worry so much about corporations, however, funding such programs is impossible because "fiscal responsibility" is code words for lower taxes. If it is right socially, we need to do it...period
(October 23, 2014 at 10:20 am)polar bear Wrote:
(October 23, 2014 at 9:22 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Those of us socially liberal and fiscally conservative find both parties abhorrent.
I agree both parties suck, they tell us one thing and do another.

How can someone be socially liberal and fiscally conservative? To me that says that they agree we need to change how we treat our fellow man and not worry so much about corporations, however, funding such programs is impossible because "fiscal responsibility" is code words for lower taxes. If it is right socially, we need to do it...period

Since when is fiscal responsibility code word for lower taxes? Vorlon is right, you need a government that is socially liberal, but lives responsibly in a fiscal manner. IE not running up trillions in debt.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Pissing money down ratholes doesn't 'help' anybody. That money could be spent wisely but usn't.

More than one study has shown there is 200 billion wasted every year on redundant, stupid and redundant shit. There is another 100 billion in fraud and theft.

Think what could be done productively with that kind of scratch.
I never said we should keep spending billions on shit that we dont need. I said we need to take care of our own in this country (USA).

Today, when I hear the tea party talk, they all want lower taxes regardless of what harm it will do. That is where I say it is code for lower taxes
Weapons programs popular in congress but not wanted by the military, 33 agencies regulating salmon, 100s of redundant jobs programs, is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thousands of empty unneeded buildings all over the country are heated and cooled and maintained by literally an army of people, it goes on and and on and on.

My cat is smarter than congress, and despite congresses single digit popularity, the country is going to re-elect an overwhelming percentage of dolts, idiots, criminals, incompetents, and bozos in just a few days.
Re: RE: Dems need to do better and can do better.

I second this.

In regards to the OP about war mongering, the dems are just as guilty. Both parties love war. Why you ask? Because there is really one party. It's the ultra rich party that rules the world. Bad part is we aren't invited to that party.
I hear this kind of thing from Kyle in Secular Talk sometimes. When Obama Care was implemented and didn't cause the country to collapse, they didn't brag enough about it. They don't point out the horrible stuff the GOP says and does enough. From the stories he does, it seems the democrats should be able to wipe the floor with republicans, and they don't do it enough. Even if they do have a majority in the senate.

We have a majority of people in the country who want to raise the minimum wage and legalize gay marriage, but it isn't happening quickly enough.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Sorry, we tried "fuck you I got mine" for 30 years and all that did was increase the pay gap, ship jobs overseas. Now if big corporations don't want government on their back then they have the power to do the right thing on their own. But they do not get dictate to the rest of us.

Ayn Rand economics is bullshit and is simply a race for cheap labor.

Voting is not robbery, neither are taxes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 812 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Dems announce articles of impeachment against Trump Rev. Rye 16 1508 December 18, 2019 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas Seraphina 8 760 June 26, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Dems pick LGBT woman of color for SOTU rebuttal John V 10 1831 January 27, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Dems Sell Out Dreamers, in exchange for.......? The Grand Nudger 33 5329 January 25, 2018 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I know how the Dems could fuck over Trump Won2blv 13 4343 June 10, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 71183 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4460 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Why the Dems Lost Lek 39 4809 November 10, 2016 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  What can you tell me to make it feel better? Whateverist 44 6198 November 10, 2016 at 12:44 am
Last Post: Tiberius