Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY you do not mix gov & Religion.
WHY you do not mix gov & Religion.
I am really tired of the PC left thinking any objection to religion is tyranny and bullying. You need to get your heads out of your asses and study some history to see what religion can do when it holds government hostage and has a monopoly on it.

If you value the rights of someone like Malala, and if you value what Susan B Anthony did in gaining women's right to vote. Do not fucking lecture me about criticism of ANY religion. You rightfully point at the Middle east and it's climate of thought far too much still stuck in dark age thinking.

THIS video and this sexist pig in this video is why you insist between a wall in Church and State. The only difference between this sexist dickhead and a sexist Muslim is the book they justify their sexism with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35zq2--nTYE
RE: WHY you do not mix gov & Religion.
I don't have a problem with the Christers keeping menstruating women out of their churches.

While they are not in a pew, they might logon here, and learn something.
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." Susan B Anthony.......Was not an atheist, but valued church state separation because she knew far too well that the bible was being used by men to justify denying her the right to vote.
I think we should convince the idiots that the separation prevents the corruption of god's word :p
I find it is funny (not really) in the USA we say we have separation of church and state. But every president ends their speech with god bless america. And if the right wing wants to get their base voters, they need to profess their faith and how strong it is.

In England, where the government is intertwined with the church of England. If any politician even whispers religion, they are out on there ass.
I think Brazil is also more religious than Argentina
(October 24, 2014 at 11:40 am)polar bear Wrote: I find it is funny (not really) in the USA we say we have separation of church and state. But every president ends their speech with god bless america. And if the right wing wants to get their base voters, they need to profess their faith and how strong it is.

In England, where the government is intertwined with the church of England. If any politician even whispers religion, they are out on there ass.

That part is not mandated by the Constitution, but unfortunately if politicians on either party don't do that our gullible masses would not vote for them. That has a lot to do with the cold war scare. It was not done as much by politicians until the 50s. It was not until Reagan that it really took off and became a popular way for both parties to pander for votes.

The funny part is that Thomas Jefferson, being a Unitarian and deist, could not run on either party's ticket today with all the criticism of mixing government and religion.
These backward fucks.

"In reality-if we are to stay true to scripture..." What an oxymoron.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pyongyang/Why capitalism isn't a form of gov. Brian37 29 2709 April 19, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Friends Across the Pond: Why You Should Not Give Up On America Rhondazvous 26 3821 November 11, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Do you know why wars happens and why middle east is robbed? Safirno 12 2101 July 9, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Gov. Brown (Right to die) Manowar 16 2703 October 7, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why Do You Suppose FOX Did Not Cover This Story? Minimalist 4 1099 January 9, 2015 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Wendy Davis:Gov Perry Has Demeaned His Office Raven 19 5167 July 3, 2013 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Rupert Murdoch on NJ GOV Brian37 6 1738 November 4, 2012 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The U.S. Gov't Takes On the Important Issues Once Again Erinome 42 7246 November 4, 2011 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Captain Scarlet
Bug Ban Religion - are you for or against it and why? reverendjeremiah 195 47467 October 17, 2011 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  Texas Gov. Rick Perry leads Florida presidential poll Judas BentHer 8 3001 July 26, 2011 at 1:39 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused