Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Co Polititian says atheists need exorcism
Co Polititian says atheists need exorcism
http://aattp.org/newly-minted-insane-gop...sms-video/

https://www.facebook.com/gordonforcolorado Is his FB page, be polite but blunt. Notice the post where it says they will not put up with hateful posts. HA look who is talking.
RE: Co Polititian says atheists need exorcism
That is blatantly wrong. Atheists are good people, just like us Christians. They have been led astray but Jesus Christ still loves them.
(October 24, 2014 at 4:36 pm)Christian Wrote: That is blatantly wrong. Atheists are good people, just like us Christians. They have been led astray but Jesus Christ still loves them.

The part you forget is that he uses the same book and has the same god you do.

I'd say to both of you that there isn't any god telling you what to do, but merely our evolution that leads him to fear change, and your evolutionary empathy that allows you to accept change.
(October 24, 2014 at 4:36 pm)Christian Wrote: That is blatantly wrong. Atheists are good people, just like us Christians. They have been led astray but Jesus Christ still loves them.

I'm glad you think we are good people, but we aren't exactly a cohesive group.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(October 24, 2014 at 4:44 pm)Jenny A Wrote:

I'm glad you think we are good people, but we aren't exactly a cohesive group.

I was going to bring that point up.

Ann Frank " 'In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. ". I agree with that statement. But that does not make her god real. Nor does it mean Israel gets everything right as a nation either.

I also warn atheists not go go around claiming "When we become the majority we will treat you better"

NOPE, labels do not make one automatically moral. "Atheist" is merely the "off" position on one claim. It does not describe economic views or education level.

I know Ayn Rand atheists who have the same "fuck the poor" mentality as the Koch brothers. I know other atheists who think Che is a hero and want to get rid of the private sector, which is just as absurd. I know other atheists who buy into 9/11 conspiracies and believe Gene Roddenbery invented the modern cell phone.

I can only say on average, that since at this point in history, most atheist have an understanding being discriminated against as minorities, that our current climate of empathy is pretty big right now. But power shifts and the next generation will not have us around to remind them what we went through.

But I will say if one can accept that others outside their religion are capable of being good, then they should consider that it is not religion making them good, but our common evolutionary compassion.
In Libya, Allah (bananas), Satan (sin) and witchcraft (disease) are explanations for everything

And hasn't he ever hear about Canada, Mexico and Venezuela
(October 24, 2014 at 4:33 pm)Brian37 Wrote: http://aattp.org/newly-minted-insane-gop...sms-video/

https://www.facebook.com/gordonforcolorado Is his FB page, be polite but blunt. Notice the post where it says they will not put up with hateful posts. HA look who is talking.

Members of upwards of 40,000 OTHER christian sects, denominations, schisms, cults, organizations, and churches might feel Gordie needs an exorcism too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Gays Can Go Straight, Study Says WinterHold 262 17823 March 28, 2023 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Melania Trump says Sexual Assault victims shouldn't report unless they have evidence Divinity 116 12208 October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Donald Trump's wife says she "could be the most bullied person in the world" Seraphina 22 2776 October 14, 2018 at 8:09 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump says Saudi Arabia's King Salman 'would not last two weeks' without US support WinterHold 2 485 October 7, 2018 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump Says Market Would Crash If He Gets Impeached BrianSoddingBoru4 119 11317 August 29, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Orange rat says he will "do it under oath"? Brian37 10 1733 January 25, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty Tiberius 17 2900 January 21, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Norway Says "No Thanks." Minimalist 66 9193 January 18, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Beware Says Goldman Sachs Minimalist 0 643 August 18, 2017 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  No Trans In The Military Says Trump Amarok 314 60269 August 9, 2017 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus