Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why i'm not a Christian and why i left the faith as a child.
Why i'm not a Christian and why i left the faith as a child.
As a child i was forced to go to church to get "saved" and well i was interested and well not to say i was like yes im a child of christ i'm feel saved. then i always had this suspicion and thought none of this made any logical sense. it only hurt what little faith i had as punishment was read the bible and i read it over and over in my spare time. then that eventuality got to me and i was like fuck it i turned apathetic i did nothing in church and i refused to pray. when your a child and you are lied to the biggest lie ever being religion and even still i knew what i was getting into i wanted to be atheist i told my parents but they were like its better to have a religion than none. so i started putting the pieces together it broke the illusion more and more to me there is no god. what faith i had then i just put it into people because well humanity you can see it and experience it. so what i'm a godless heathen in your eyes and well take a good at your god glasses and your own delusion carefully. what i learned is if god did exist he only favors such a minority amount of people and would gladly let the rest burn. and i when we got to the part about jesus dying for our sin i was like that doesn't apply to anyone as of now anymore and it doesn't even matter and i don't care. and the biggest nail in the coffin doing actual research on AOL dailup.

here is a hypothetical if someone gave you a gun and put you into a time machine when jesus is about to get nailed to the cross would you or would you not save him?
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Why i'm not a Christian and why i left the faith as a child.

It's been done.
The christ is simply another Fictional character of the fairy tales of religion

I would not have to save the christ because he was NEVER real to begin with

Ask yourself - If a god thought it SO important to take on a Human suit and come to earth and masquerade as a human (Which itself is a stupid idea - but the god could NOT have become a real human - and still perform miracles) - WHY didn't the god leave behind its own WRITINGS? You would think that the gods word would be so important that it would NOT want to risk any human getting it wrong - and yet there is NOT a single writing by the christ at all - ever.

Among the things missing - in fact - is that there is not a single writing from the supposed time of the christ - known to Multitudes - speaking to huge crowds - and known to even the highest leaders - having actually raised a rotting corpse from the dead - and all the other incredible claims - YET - this was the GOLDEN AGE OF ROME - the most documented Roman Time where we have MILLIONS of inscriptions, documents, and buildings and items - including the results of the annual Roman Turtle race (I guess turtles rate higher than the god of an obscure TINY population of cave dweller from Israel).

And why is there NO documentation of the splendors of Jerusalem - supposedly a huge town made of gold. Because much like many stories in the bible - this was not true.

There are those that insist that the christ was a real person - could not be.
Real people leave evidence behind - and gods NEVER do -= because things that do not exist do not leave evidence
(October 24, 2014 at 5:07 pm)dyresand Wrote: here is a hypothetical if someone gave you a gun and put you into a time machine when jesus is about to get nailed to the cross would you or would you not save him?

I would not save him. That would mess up his whole plan of salvation.
(October 24, 2014 at 8:20 pm)Lek Wrote:
(October 24, 2014 at 5:07 pm)dyresand Wrote: here is a hypothetical if someone gave you a gun and put you into a time machine when jesus is about to get nailed to the cross would you or would you not save him?

congrats you are immoral Big Grin
you just refused to save a human life.
its a loaded question and unfair so my bad.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(October 24, 2014 at 8:27 pm)dyresand Wrote: congrats you are immoral Big Grin
you just refused to save a human life.
its a loaded question and unfair so my bad.

No, I would be doing just what Jesus would want me to do. When Jesus was telling his apostles how he must suffer and die, Peter cut in and said how he would never let that happen. Jesus said to Peter "get behind me Satan!" Then in the garden, when the mob came to arrest Jesus, Peter cut off the ear of the high priest's servant and Jesus told him to put the sword away and then healed the servant's ear. Thankfully, Jesus would allow nothing that would stop him from completing his mission on earth.
Poor Lek. You think this shit is real.

Do you also think Mickey Mouse is true?
(October 24, 2014 at 10:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Poor Lek. You think this shit is real.

Do you also think Mickey Mouse is true?

He must be because Minnie is, and everyone knows Minnie isn't as lovable or get-a-long able as Mickey.. Plus Ole' Walt use him as a license to print real money.
(October 24, 2014 at 6:41 pm)ThomM Wrote: Ask yourself - If a god thought it SO important to take on a Human suit and come to earth and masquerade as a human (Which itself is a stupid idea - but the god could NOT have become a real human - and still perform miracles) - WHY didn't the god leave behind its own WRITINGS? You would think that the gods word would be so important that it would NOT want to risk any human getting it wrong - and yet there is NOT a single writing by the christ at all - ever.

I guess you would be a really good God because you know just what he should and shouldn't do.

Quote:Among the things missing - in fact - is that there is not a single writing from the supposed time of the christ - known to Multitudes - speaking to huge crowds - and known to even the highest leaders - having actually raised a rotting corpse from the dead - and all the other incredible claims - YET - this was the GOLDEN AGE OF ROME - the most documented Roman Time where we have MILLIONS of inscriptions, documents, and buildings and items - including the results of the annual Roman Turtle race (I guess turtles rate higher than the god of an obscure TINY population of cave dweller from Israel).

Those writings were about the ROMANS. They couldn't care less about some dirt poor rabbi wondering around Judea and Galilee. Pilate didn't even believe in him.

Quote:And why is there NO documentation of the splendors of Jerusalem - supposedly a huge town made of gold. Because much like many stories in the bible - this was not true.

The streets of gold are in the new Jerusalem after the end of the world. It's also most likely symbolic language anyway.

Quote:There are those that insist that the christ was a real person - could not be.
Real people leave evidence behind - and gods NEVER do -= because things that do not exist do not leave evidence

Then why do an overwhelming majority of respected historians agree that Jesus did actually exist at that point in history? Should we accept their opinion or yours?
(October 24, 2014 at 8:20 pm)Lek Wrote:

you just let a human die you are immoral instead of letting the romans do it.
how bout you shoot jesus instead and kill him since he is your sin is going to be forgiven not to mention he will rise again in 3 days.

Code:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 151 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12412 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1897 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11006 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 57987 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4268 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 5739 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87834 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  why faith fails Drich 43 4285 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3309 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild