Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A god or a creator?
A god or a creator?
Can we separate these?

for example...

there's a perceived god who created all.
or there is a 2000 year old 'perceive god' which manages the needs of medieval people,
or there is a creator, before the big bang, and we have no contact with 'it' whatsoever !!

SO we can have creator, but not a god?!
RE: A god or a creator?
(October 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm)lifesagift Wrote: Can we separate these?

for example...

or there is a 2000 year old 'perceive god' which manages the needs of medieval people,
or there is a creator, before the big bang, and we have no contact with 'it' whatsoever !!

Sure you can. If the universe is self-created, then bingo, you've got the one and not the other.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 25, 2014 at 7:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm)lifesagift Wrote: Can we separate these?

for example...

Sure you can. If the universe is self-created, then bingo, you've got the one and not the other.

Boru

Really neither in the sense they mean 'creator'.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
There's always the idea of a demiurge, a popular concept among the so-called gnostics.
Apologies, the question is much simpler than that.... is our universe a design/experiment in a test tube or computer in another much bigger, earlier,different dimension/realm? I guess we'll never know that, a bit like the ants in my garden will never know about the sea.

But I'm asking if we leave that option as unknown, are we still atheist?