Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debunking atheists on christians not following the law of moses
Debunking atheists on christians not following the law of moses
I always hear. Oh jeez, the old testament is so horrible.

Giving virgin single woman to a rapist in exchange for some fees.
Or
Stoning people. Oh no the horrors Shock
Atheists are the ones who always likes to go into old testament and ask why dont christians follow that.
Its kinda funny seeing how ignorant atheists are. That they dont know what christians practice.
Well the fact is that christians are told not to obey the law of moses clearly in the new testament. So even if Jesus said he came not to destroy the law but fulfill it. Thats more in a past present. When he died it was fulfilled. So the law of moses is hereby numb.

Here is proof why christians dont practice animal sacrifice or any of the jewish laws handed by moses
The only thing that does apply is "The Ten Commandments" which is spoken humbly about in the new testament. So that is one exception.

So you might attack them for not following the all so lovely "Graven image" but they might wuss off it with saying "Idols". And you can also attack them for giving women rights. The new testament obviously want women to not teach in public. Oh and slavery Smile

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." Romans 6:14.

Christians are ”dead to the law." Romans 7:4.

"If ye be led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law" Galatians 5:18.

Christians are "delivered from the law." Romans 7:6.

"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster “ [the law]. Galatians 3:24-25.

For Christians, the Law is "that which is done away." II Corinthians 3:11.

For Christians, the Law is "that which is abolished." II Corinthians 3:13.

For Christians, Jesus, on the Cross, was "blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us." Colossians 2:14.

For Christians, the Law is taken "out of the way" and nailed "to his cross." Colossians 2:14.

"When God speaks of a new [covenant or agreement], He makes the first one obsolete (out of use). And what is obsolete (out of use and annulled because of age) is ripe for disappearance and to be dispensed with altogether." Hebrews 8:13, The Amplified Version

"And after that he said, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. Thus he put an end to the first in order to establish the second." Hebrews 10:9, Lamsa Translation

Source: http://www.gaychristian101.com/Christian...#placename

Read and weep Smile
RE: Debunking atheists on christians not following the law of moses
Another one of these, hm?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Quote:The only thing that does apply is "The Ten Commandments" which is spoken humbly about in the new testament. So that is one exception.

Take it up with fucking jesus.

Quote:For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matty. 5:18

I couldn't care less about your fucking drivel.
(October 27, 2014 at 7:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The only thing that does apply is "The Ten Commandments" which is spoken humbly about in the new testament. So that is one exception.

Take it up with fucking jesus.

Quote:For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matty. 5:18

I couldn't care less about your fucking drivel.

Oh yes. The classic i didn't come to destroy it. Of course not, its still there. Its just that it doesnt count. Because the old is void due to new covenant, when he died, boom. You are saved by Christ, as St.Paul was sent by Jesus. So its all there in christianity "What it teaches". Nice try though Smile

So christians are actually doing the right thing by practicing only the new testament, and looking at the old testament as a history book (In religious sense). But it was a good try Smile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_5:18
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_5:19

Jesus king of the jews. Greater than Moses. Need i say more.
Hebrews 3:3
Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself.

from the law, until all things are accomplished
Aha! Gotcha Atheists! Try to cherry pick your ways out of this. Just joking Tongue
(October 27, 2014 at 5:42 pm)Rokchan Wrote: . . .

The only thing that does apply is "The Ten Commandments" which is spoken humbly about in the new testament. So that is one exception.

. . .

Matthew 19

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

So, once again we have another apostate come to preach to us. Jesus had the opportunity to list all 10 Commandments, but he did not. Looks like Rokchan thinks he knows better than Jesus.
(October 27, 2014 at 9:30 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:
(October 27, 2014 at 5:42 pm)Rokchan Wrote: . . .

. . .

Matthew 19

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

So, once again we have another apostate come to preach to us. Jesus had the opportunity to list all 10 Commandments, but he did not. Looks like Rokchan thinks he knows better than Jesus.
Yeah i don't think Jesus was a huge fan of sabbath, he sucked at following it. I dont even think the new testament ever mentions that part of the commandment.

Calendar.
Kinda funny that USA have sabbath (The day of rest) as the 7th day on Saturday - Jewish Tradition
While in Europe it is Sunday that is the 7th day. And Sunday according to christian tradition is when he ressurected.
(October 27, 2014 at 9:38 pm)Rokchan Wrote: Calendar.
Kinda funny that USA have sabbath (The day of rest) as the 7th day on Saturday - Jewish Tradition
While in Europe it is Sunday that is the 7th day. And Sunday according to christian tradition is when he ressurected.

What? No. The sabbath in the U.S. is not Saturday. Where did you get that idea?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
7th Day Adventists have church on the 7th day of the week, Saturday. (look at your calendar, Sunday is on the left, Saturday is clear to the right)

So, now that I think about it, most of the christers in the USofA don't honor the sabbath and go to church on the wrong day.

Uh, oh !!!!!

Man, is HELL big enough ???????
Quote:Its just that it doesnt count.

Are you arguing with fucking jesus? I don't believe the motherfucker ever existed so I can freely call him and you bullshit artists.

You, however, had best be careful.
(October 27, 2014 at 9:57 pm)Chas Wrote:
(October 27, 2014 at 9:38 pm)Rokchan Wrote: Calendar.

What? No. The sabbath in the U.S. is not Saturday. Where did you get that idea?

Wot Shock I just googled image the American calendar. I most be in a paralell universe lol
[Image: Aosr2008-2009CalendarB.gif]
Quote:7th Day Adventists have church on the 7th day of the week, Saturday. (look at your calendar, Sunday is on the left, Saturday is clear to the right)

So, now that I think about it, most of the christers in the USofA don't honor the sabbath and go to church on the wrong day.

Uh, oh !!!!!

Man, is HELL big enough ???????

Woot Big Grin But i'm in Europe man.

Quote:Are you arguing with fucking jesus? I don't believe the motherfucker ever existed so I can freely call him and you bullshit artists.

You, however, had best be careful.
Hehe. I don't believe in the abrahamic faith either. Can't disagree when i am up in tha skyyyy. "Warning. Minus degree"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theory to how "Moses Crossing the Sea" tale came from Woah0 0 583 August 14, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Nuns are not only Christians Indir 24 2648 October 23, 2018 at 7:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Nuns are not only Christians Indir 1 493 October 19, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Religion and the law robvalue 16 1389 September 22, 2018 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2872 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Debunking the "God is Beyond Time" xtian response drfuzzy 44 7207 April 25, 2017 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  How to convert Christians to atheists in 30 seconds (ironically, using bible) ProgrammingGodJordan 207 19641 December 9, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel) EnergyGem 72 6746 May 31, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Should we be following scholars debate. Mystic 14 3230 March 23, 2016 at 1:04 am
Last Post: The Atheist
  Debunking the Flat Earth Society. bussta33 24 5027 February 9, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd