Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Gives Evolution a Big Banging
Pope Gives Evolution a Big Banging
http://youtu.be/FXKxrA7d3jM

Cool Shades

"B-But God came up with evolution. That's how the Bible that I already believe is right anyway can still be right!" -what the Pope's words actually mean.

"B-But Santa Claus can stop time. That's how he can deliver all the presents in one night!" -the average four year old.

My favorite part of The Young Turks' reply to this was that (paraphrasing here) obviously this is religion contorting itself so that science fits into dogma.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
RE: Pope Gives Evolution a Big Banging
By having a policy of priestly celibacy, I'm thinking the catholics are breeding out whatever genetic component there might be in what makes a man think joining the priesthood is a good idea
at least people are finding out science always triumphs.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
This isn't news -- the Catholic Church has accepted evolutionary theory for years, and BB theory was conceived by LeMaitre ... a Catholic priest.

If you're going after the Catholic Church, aim at the molestation.

(October 28, 2014 at 12:23 am)dyresand Wrote: at least people are finding out science always triumphs.

Reality always triumphs, science - humanity's best efforts to ride reality's coat tails - does not.
(October 28, 2014 at 12:27 am)Chuck Wrote:
(October 28, 2014 at 12:23 am)dyresand Wrote: at least people are finding out science always triumphs.

Reality always triumphs, science - human being's best efforts to ride reality's coat tails - does not.

still better being a ignorant person these days.
better to look and sound educated than a god loving
dim wit with no critical thinking skills.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(October 28, 2014 at 12:29 am)dyresand Wrote:
(October 28, 2014 at 12:27 am)Chuck Wrote: Reality always triumphs, science - human being's best efforts to ride reality's coat tails - does not.

still better being a ignorant person these days.

Well, the RCC has figured out a long time ago that saying reality is wrong doesn't get RCC too far with many constituencies vital to RCC. But Christianity is such a piece of shit to start with, and so hard to be made to even just appear to Not conflict too badly with just a few of the noteworthy points of reality, that it has taken them this long to come up with some minimally serviceable props for their smoke and mirror show.
(October 28, 2014 at 12:39 am)Chuck Wrote:
(October 28, 2014 at 12:29 am)dyresand Wrote: still better being a ignorant person these days.

Well, the RCC has figured out a long time ago that saying reality is wrong doesn't get RCC too far with many constituencies vital to RCC. But Christianity is such a piece of shit to start with, and so hard to be made to even just appear to Not conflict too badly with just a few of the noteworthy points of reality, that it has taken them this long to come up with some minimally serviceable props for their smoke and mirror show.

the reason i couldn't take Christianity seriously was the fact how it was written and the gaps were to far apart. The writers for one didn't personally know jesus so how would they know he did said tricks etc. the whole religion if people threw away the parts added it wouldn't be much and it would probably depict jesus being a normal average joe who knew how to play tricks making it seem like a miracle.

Code:
(October 28, 2014 at 12:44 am)dyresand Wrote:
(October 28, 2014 at 12:39 am)Chuck Wrote: Well, the RCC has figured out a long time ago that saying reality is wrong doesn't get RCC too far with many constituencies vital to RCC. But Christianity is such a piece of shit to start with, and so hard to be made to even just appear to Not conflict too badly with just a few of the noteworthy points of reality, that it has taken them this long to come up with some minimally serviceable props for their smoke and mirror show.

the reason i couldn't take Christianity seriously was the fact how it was written and the gaps were to far apart. The writers for one didn't personally know jesus so how would they know he did said tricks etc. the whole religion if people threw away the parts added it wouldn't be much and it would probably depict jesus being a normal average joe who knew how to play tricks making it seem like a miracle.

If Christianity had not a single one of the fault you mentioned, it would still not be a millimeter closer to believability.

The fact that I might find 12 people who manifestly knew Sarah Palin who might testify Sarah Palin's cunt is lined with stained yellow teeth is such a trivially piece of evidence next to the extraordinariness of the claim that the claim gains not noticeable credibility from it.
(October 28, 2014 at 12:54 am)Chuck Wrote:
(October 28, 2014 at 12:44 am)dyresand Wrote: the reason i couldn't take Christianity seriously was the fact how it was written and the gaps were to far apart. The writers for one didn't personally know jesus so how would they know he did said tricks etc. the whole religion if people threw away the parts added it wouldn't be much and it would probably depict jesus being a normal average joe who knew how to play tricks making it seem like a miracle.

If Christianity had not a single one of the fault you mentioned, it would still not be a millimeter closer to believability.

The fact that I might find 12 people who manifestly knew Sarah Palin who might testify Sarah Palin's cunt is lined with stained yellow teeth is such a trivially piece of evidence next to the extraordinariness of the claim that the claim gains not noticeable credibility from it.

also what kills it is that people who follow the religion it should have stayed over their in that general area in the middle east. but how did it spread if the bible was created in that area and there was no other world and on that place. magic isn't going to put a band-aid on this.

Code:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1290 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  What Gives You Peace.... ronedee 82 6863 September 29, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: MadJW
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3367 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1331 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2133 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2238 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3587 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9764 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4801 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Catholics warring against the Pope? Fake Messiah 29 7510 November 27, 2017 at 6:52 am