Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formal Introduction
Formal Introduction
Hey All!
I have been hanging out for a couple of weeks, and enjoy this place. I thought I might give you some background on me.

I am from the bible belt Sad specifically North Carolina. I have grown up in the christian faith and never questioned anything at all. Just through studying the bible and my ability to listen to people, I became a person in my church with whom people would confide their problems to. I myself have dealt with some issues that I relied on god to fix. I have helped countless people and seen the absence of god or his silence many times. I was never comfortable telling people to be patient, we are only part of a big picture or god is teaching us a lesson...etc

As time went on and my problems went unfixed or even changed, along with trying to help others. I turned to myself to fix my problems. Although I am not 100%, I am so much better than I was before. Absolutely no help from god.

I am wrestling with a lot of questions, but am really coming to the conclusion that skepticism is not welcome in the christian community. I have gone from being a leader to being mocked. Not for anything other than embarrassing higher ups with tough logical questions.

I really don't want to argue with christians, I want answers put logically. I am finding logic is a foreign language spoken in christian circles. That is why I have sought out forums like this. Just looking to answer some questions...logically

Thanks!
RE: Formal Introduction
Welcome then!

Feel free to join our lovely shark community.
Welcome Smile

I love polar bears.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Welcome.

I can guarantee that those of us who are ex Christians have likely asked most of the questions you have now.
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 28, 2014 at 11:02 am)polar bear Wrote: I really don't want to argue with christians, I want answers put logically. I am finding logic is a foreign language spoken in christian circles. That is why I have sought out forums like this. Just looking to answer some questions...logically

Thanks!

Welcome.

I can understand where you come from, since I had these pointless conversations too, though in a different environment, the Catholic one. They all resort to circular arguments.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Welcome Smile
Welcome. I am just north of you in Virginia.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "
Welcome

The Christians here are no more logical about Christianity than anywhere else. Actually, we probably get a higher percentage of crazies. The problem is this: either than believe Christianity can be proven rationally (which results in 1 + 1 = 4) or they think that faith counts and logic doesn't. You got your pick.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Don't listen to that idiot Mr formal. And welcome!

[Image: smiley-bow.jpg]
Welcome
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 734 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 974 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1955 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1423 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 4031 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2273 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 2009 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1169 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 980 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2905 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2